What kind of bread do you eat?

Options

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I make my own. Crazy-cheap, and unbelievably delicious. I use a recipe similar to this one:

http://breadbaking.about.com/od/yeastbreads/r/1loafbread.htm

I also have the added bonus of tweaking the recipe to make any kind of bread I want (Add pumpkin, cinnamon and raisins, half whole wheat flour and half white, add flaxseeds/chia seeds/sunflower seeds/poppy seeds) or change the shape, so we never have to buy hot dog/hamburger buns or dinner rolls ever again.

edited for typo
  • xbreyannx
    xbreyannx Posts: 5
    Options
    I actually prefer the taste of whole grain bread. I don't know why.
  • MamaCatO
    MamaCatO Posts: 100
    Options
    Sara Lee 45 Calories per slice. It is decent and I feel like I get a whole sandwich w/o the calories. :)

^^ Yup ^^ Me, too. It's the best commercially made lower calorie bread I've tried.

Me three. I like the grain one, but they also have whole wheat.
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for plain white bread, I do love seed breads but will go for the white first :)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Whatever is in the bread bin ... Sometimes it has bits in it sometimes if it were any more processed it would be a Mars Bar.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for plain white bread, I do love seed breads but will go for the white first :)

If you want a crisp sandwich there is no other sane choice :)
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I like Village Hearth Lite 12 Grain bread tastes good and very low calories
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options

If you want a crisp sandwich there is no other sane choice :)

Unless its raining and then its raisin toast allll the way.
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    rudis organic whole wheat kinds or double fiber
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I never used to eat bread regularly. I would only get fresh bakery bread once in a while but recently I found Ezekial sprouted grain low sodium :) I like it, it tastes better toasted. But if I am at good bakery I will still get whatever they have that looks good. :)
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes has really good bread....love the Honey Wheat, or the Milton's brand of bread. Milton's is sold in other stores, and its very hearty. Also SaveMart has a good multigrain bread in the bakery dept.....it's freshly baked every day, and the flavor is fantastic
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Any bread I want. Truthfully, though, I don't eat that much because of it's calorie density. I like the Orowheat sandwich thins if I'm wanting a sandwich or burger. I use tortillas quite a bit. I have to say that Dave's Killer Bread is, well... killer bread. I would recommend it. They even have a 'light' version.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I like Schwebels Lite Whole Wheat. 35cal per slice and it's pretty tasty!
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This thread is making need to start a batch of part whole wheat Dutch oven bread right now! I love bread like crazy but its not something one can eat much of if one wants to lose weight. My solution is to only eat really good bread. Since I am rural with no easy access to good bakeries, I have to make it myself. That's the truly limiting factor.
    I must admit to occasional PB&J on Sara Lee 45 cal whole wheat, though. That fits in nicely.
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Another homemade whole wheater/ whole mealer here who dumps in all those extras ... seeds, oats, berries, etc.

I've been mucking about with Beth Hensberger's "Old-Fashioned 100 Percent Whole-Wheat Bread" recipe from her "The Bread Bible" book. After weekly tweaks over the last couple months, it is just about perfect for my house and oven conditions (although the tests were tasty too, some were just ... denser ... than others). It has just about reached my definition of perfect; light and fluffy, with an excellent crumb. My slices are a bit smaller than store-bought bread.

Toast and Peanut Butter ... mmmmmmmm ...
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I just discovered that fiber one honey wheat is 100 cals. for 2 slices. I love it! I am a bread girl and can't live without sandwiches. The slices are smaller than the average but it's not a big deal to me.
  • KayRisTee
    KayRisTee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee Soft and Smooth 100% wheat. I love it because it has the texture of white bread but all the benefits of wheat bread. So yummy without the grainy taste
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    pumpernickel, rye, and mostly the low calorie "snackbreads"
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    When/if I ever eat bread I look for sourdough. It is slowest glycemic. Hence best
    for insulin resistant individuals and best to our waistelines. :)

This is useful info because I usually avoid bread at all costs.
  • IronAngel26pt2
    IronAngel26pt2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ezekial Bread.

^^ this for me too...