What foods don't agree with you?

Options

Replies

• baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I knew a lady who was allergic to chocolate. Now that would be sad.

A guy I work with sneezes when he eats chocolate! How weird is that???
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    DAIRY IS JUST TERRIBLE FOR MY BODY-SERIOUS BLOAT/GASTRO ISSUES. OATS - JUST NOW FINDING OUT THAT THEY ARE THE MAIN CULPRIT FOR MY HEADACHES, POSSIBLY GLUTIN SENSITIVE** SO IS THERE ANYTHING LEFT TO EAT? ... OFTEN SEEMS LIKE- NOT SO MUCH SO.

clearly capslockitus is another side effect.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I knew a lady who was allergic to chocolate. Now that would be sad.

I am not allergic but I can't eat chocolate chips cookies or anything with heavy amount of chocolate. I get nauseated. Sweets in general don't agree with me, the same with fried foods (specially fried chicken), and alcohol is upsetting my stomach lately. So I have a glass of wine here and there but not too often. It sucks!
  • katharmony51
    Options
    Dairy and gluten cant sleep at night from bloating and dreams:yawn:
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Red meat.

6-12 hours after eating it... well it can only be described as an assplosion. :P

this is me with to much dairy products o man talk about a body cleanseing
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Watermelon seems to give me "digestive problems". I still get sucked in every year, but i pay for it. Oatmeal gives me world class gas. I had to quit eating it every morning for breakfast in deference to my co-workers. :embarassed:
  • xbreyannx
    xbreyannx Posts: 5
    Options
    My Doctor said I was allergic to peanuts, but I think I also have an MSG allergy.
    My mouth always gets tingly when I have chinese food or cheese curls.
  • veganstein
    veganstein Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Dairy. Terrible stomach cramps, diarrhea. Even a little Parmesan cheese on pasta is a disaster.
  • Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bell Peppers - green, yellow, orange, red, doesn't matter, cause room clearing "digestive upset" and diarrhea. No other peppers cause issues.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies
    Sugar alcohols
    Fiber One anything
  • hammbone55
    hammbone55 Posts: 73
    Options
    I have a gluten sensitivity. I can eat it, but if I overdo it I get really bloated, constipated then diarrhea. Terrible Heartburn if I ever eat Cheese Its. I just really try not to eat things with gluten, but every once in a while something really calls to me and I deal with the after effects.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    booze,,, but that does not stop me, ha ha
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I have a tad problem with Lactose. Especially if I have ice cream I sometimes get a stomach ache. My youngest daughter is very very lactose intolerant she can't have any regular milk at all or she will throw up. I usually just buy the Deans Easy or Lactaid Milk and even use that to cook with most times.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies
    Sugar alcohols
    Fiber One anything

We call Fiber One bars Fart Bars!
  • storknursekelly
    storknursekelly Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Dairy & red meat causes increased inflammation in my body. I used to love cottage cheese with pineapple chunks, but if I eat the cottage cheese my ankles hurt sooo bad. Dairy also causes me to bloat & Ice Cream causes my nose to get stuffy & lots of phlegm, pretty sure those are all signs of a lactose intolerance, so I just gave it up & feel so much better.
  • loislenski
    loislenski Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have within the last year had a fish problem. It really upsets my stomach. I haven't thrown up from it yet but I sure felt like it. It's too bad since its so good for you and I do like it.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I ended my relationship with organic broccoli, it turned out she was plain old industrial farmed cauliflower
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am wondering how prevalent food sensitives and allergies are. I don't have any allergies to foods, but I've had to cut out some foods that bother me:

Sugar, Sucralose & other sweeteners, except stevia: migraines
    Soy, Dairy, Greasy foods (like sausage and butter), Soda and Chinese Food (takeout): digestive problems
    Kiwi Fruit and Walnuts: hurt my tongue, feels like I got a fish hook in my tongue.

Have you had to cut something out that doesn't agree with you?

I don't usually drink pop... however when I started really watching, I hated just plain water also. :/ I know... right? SO... I started drinking Crystal Light and the Mio...and even just the Great Value sugar free mixes. MAN.... talk about a HEADACHE!!!! Literally... my head felt like it would explode after drinking a few cups of that stuff. So... I'm left with dealing with plain ole water. Before I would drink lots of juices... loved loved loved juices! Loaded with sugar! ((but of course not the fake sugar...REAL sugar! lol))

Tomato sauce of ANY kind has my acid reflux flaring and I want to just puke so I don't have to deal with the pain anymore. And I love tomatoes, but refuse to eat them now that it makes me absolutely ill. :/

I see you also had issues with the artificial sweetners... makes you really wonder if it gives people headaches.... what does that stuff do to a person LONG term ya know?
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Dairy products, as in cottage cheese, cream cheese, milk, sometimes give me stomach aches and bloating. For a few years I was completely off it, now I eat small amounts and can keep it under control.

Tofu hates me ( but that's OK because I hate it back). It causes WWIII In my stomach.

Anything that is very processed will make me very thirsty and/or headaches and/or diarrhea, so I tend to avoid.

Peppers - other than small amount of hot peppers I cannot eat peppers don't even like to be around fresh peppers. They cause me nausea and stomach aches. I can tolerate small amounts of roasted ones if I peel them first.
  • pauliie1986
    pauliie1986 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Onions. I can handle them in small amounts every now and then, but if I eat a lot of onion or foods containing onion in one go or small amounts over a few days, I get digestive troubles and a lot of pain.