How do you log HIIT in your exercise diary?

Options
I just looked up HIIT training in the exercise catalog and didn't find it. How do you log it? Is it considered circuit training?

Replies

• khall0988
    khall0988 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey - I use circuit training as my HIIT workouts. I also use my Polar HRM and log my calorie burn individually for each workout. Idk if that helps!
  • MidnightDave
    MidnightDave Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use calisthenics. (sp) May not be the best choice, just an easy one. 627 calorie burn for an hour sounds about right to me. MFP really makes me accountable on the food and nutrition side of the equation, so don't worry too much about the burn rate.
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Options
    Yeah I do HIIT with running and arc trainer plus high intensity weight circuits...I enter it under cardio..not the greatest but haven't gotten an hrm yet.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    'calisthenics, vigorous'
  • ccam99
    ccam99 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I just started logging using MFP and did not know how to enter HIIT class as well. Calisthenics, vigorous sounds about right.
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I was wondering exactly the same thing.
  • amandakay828
    Options
    I create a HIIT exercise and use my HRM to add in the calories burned...
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I use circut training as there is a lot of bodyweight in some of them but I think it depends on what sort of HIIT you are doing..
  • FitRican
    FitRican Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I created a HIIT exercise and use my Polar H7 HRM to add in the calories burned...
    [/quote/]