HUMMUS!!

Options
2»

Replies

• farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    I love it!! :flowerforyou: I learned how to make my own, it is so much better.
  • Shaqueta
    Shaqueta Posts: 75
    Options
    I love Sabra hummus! Garlic Lovers and Spinach and Artichoke are my favorites...but the hummus and pita chips get really expensive, lol, so it's a once in a while thing for me. Hehe.

I love the roasted red pepper one with the pita chips. I just wish Sams club sold them without all the salt on them
  • authentic1
    authentic1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    dip snap-peas, carrots, broccoli - any vegetable
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    she's back it's going to just like the old day but thinner
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    Hubby just brought me some this week . I Love it too. I have garlic and roasted red peppers hummus. I eat mine with crackers or flat bread. By the way , great job... on your weight lost. Congrats.
  • JenniferLynn77
    Options
    I love to slice whole wheat pita bread into triangles and then put it under a broiler to crisp and then serve with the hummus sprinkled with paprika. YUMMM! I have to stop myself from eating the whole thing.
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just made my own batch for the first time today! I soaked and cooked some chickpeas (garbanzo beans) and threw them into my blender with a lot of fresh garlic (grown and dried at my in-laws house), olive oil (the good stuff, my in-laws are Italian and won't allow me to use anything less), sea salt and lemon juice. I almost burned out the blender motor but it was worth it! The garlic is so spicy and yummy. I eat it with tortilla chips or pita bread. Also, the cooked chickpeas were delicious without any salt or anything. I was eating those straight out of the pot. They are super yummy in a hearty way. Hummus lovers unite!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I love to slice whole wheat pita bread into triangles and then put it under a broiler to crisp and then serve with the hummus sprinkled with paprika. YUMMM! I have to stop myself from eating the whole thing.
    Yum, ditto for me:tongue:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Just made my own batch for the first time today! I soaked and cooked some chickpeas (garbanzo beans) and threw them into my blender with a lot of fresh garlic (grown and dried at my in-laws house), olive oil (the good stuff, my in-laws are Italian and won't allow me to use anything less), sea salt and lemon juice. I almost burned out the blender motor but it was worth it! The garlic is so spicy and yummy. I eat it with tortilla chips or pita bread. Also, the cooked chickpeas were delicious without any salt or anything. I was eating those straight out of the pot. They are super yummy in a hearty way. Hummus lovers unite!
    Good for you!! I was wondering about the blender, guess it's mini food processor time for me! I'm been grappling with the idea, think it's time. I also wanna keep making my own Pita bread once I find my recipe again.:blushing: :drinker: That definitely takes a to a food proccessor better.:wink:

Edited to add: OH! good on you! You really did a good one on your beans, soaked and did your own, so much better fresh than canned, aren't they??!! Black Bean Hummus is Yummus too, same method doing your beans!:drinker: :tongue:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    :heart: tamtastic my dear friend :flowerforyou: i have beed good doing the p90x thing now :drinker: started july 11

havent told you in a while but thanks :flowerforyou: for all your support early on when i first came on

and to all who know or havent had the chance to meet :flowerforyou: ( tamtastic) she is a wonderful person !!! thank you :love:
  • cspinney
    cspinney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but - in addition to the many other fabulous options - I like hummus on salad, in place of salad dressing. :)
  • cmg046
    cmg046 Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow!!! 135 pounds lost....that is great! You give me inspiration.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hubby just brought me some this week . I Love it too. I have garlic and roasted red peppers hummus. I eat mine with crackers or flat bread. By the way , great job... on your weight lost. Congrats.
    Thanks!! :smile:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    :heart: tamtastic my dear friend :flowerforyou: i have beed good doing the p90x thing now :drinker: started july 11

havent told you in a while but thanks :flowerforyou: for all your support early on when i first came on

and to all who know or havent had the chance to meet :flowerforyou: ( tamtastic) she is a wonderful person !!! thank you :love:

Awwwww! Thanks!!! And you're welcome!! Glad to hear you're well! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Wow!!! 135 pounds lost....that is great! You give me inspiration.
    Good! Cause it can be done and you don't have to suffer AND you can truly change your lifestyle! :wink: :smile:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I've been around. I'm just very busy with a new life!! :wink:
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I've been around. I'm just very busy with a new life!! :wink:

it's really more like I'm back here in the country and MFP
  • TamTastic