Stomach crease/line!

Options

Replies

• Janeta58
    Janeta58 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Gosh! Don't be so hard on yourself. Not making 'light' of your concern but probably only you can see it.
    Look at the 'big' picture and from what I see, you look lovely. Enjoy!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have it too. It is right under my ribs though and it is from a crease on how I sit. I have been trying to sit up straighter though as I am sure it is from the posture.

me too...I always sort of assumed it was just how I sat (I sit at a computer ALL DAY)
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have it as well no matter how much my body fat percentage drops. Honestly I can't see it on you at all. I guess the old cliche' applies, "Nobody knows your body like you do".
  • ChubbyStudent25
    Options
    I have the same thing and also have scoliosis. When I am at my goal weight it is much less noticeable but still always there.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Arbonne RE9 products take away faint lines in 24 hours or less. :o) LOVE arbonne<3
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    It's a few inches above your navel right? I have the same thing. I don't remember having it in high school (super skinny), so I am hoping it will go away when I get to my goal weight. Right now I just grin and bear it.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I have the perma crease near my pantie line. No matter how small I've been, it's always there.
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I get that when I sit all day with bad posture at work (desk job) weekends / morning it's not there it's all posture / how you sleep. Just like you'd get a red spot on your leg if you cross your legs for a long time I think
  • JB6100
    JB6100 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have this line too! A few inches above my belly button. I hate it, but alas don't know what to do about it other than try to sit up straight more during the day. Hoping by the time I am ready to wear a bikini (maybe someday!) that it will be gone along with the fat :)

GL!
  • ruolov
    ruolov Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm under 105 lbs and I have this. I didn't have this in elementary school. I used to workout my abs in high school, but I had to spend most of the time near a computer desk or when I was attending schools/college, I had to sit for a long period of time. Wish they would've had stand-up desks for computers. I wouldn't have had this problem. My sister works in retail and she stands for a long period of time and she doesn't have these lines I have and she weighs 111 lbs. Most of my time is at a work desk. I think the crease will be there for a long while if I don't start to change up things. Various stand exercises and ab exercises when I do have time. Put AHAs creams/lotion. Stand up straight even when it's difficult and just look straight up at the sky when jogging. Also eat a proper diet that doesn't include too much fat.

It will take awhile maybe a year and I wish my insecurities of my stomach will fade soon.
  • kaceyalexis
    Options
    Anyone have any success with getting rid of the crease!!?
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It's all posture.

*I've had success in getting rid of it with pilates & weight training, as well as just being aware of my posture.
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Work on posture and moisturizer with coconut oil. :flowerforyou:
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Work on posture and moisturizer with coconut oil. :flowerforyou:

^ agreed!
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have a crease too. Im pretty sure it'll always be there. I've just come to accept it like I would a birth mark. It's better than my stretchmarks on my hips from my baby.
  • getyourbeans
    getyourbeans Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have the crease, too! Probably yet another sign that I need to learn to sit up straight...
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I have crease lines and scoliosis too, although I attribute the lines to sitting slouched on my bed for 6 years playing video games. I was never really fat, but the belly was always one of my untoned places! I was searching today for suggestions & here's what J got:

(1) Avoid slouching when standing & sitting
    (2) Moisturize the lines with cream, vitamin-E, coco butter or egg whites with coconut oil
    (3) Sleep on your back
    (4) Lose more fat (if needed)

Here are some other photos I found floating on the internet:m

11111.jpg

image-16.jpg

image-15.jpg

mar3nsfw21.jpg
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I wear a uniform and my duty belt and belt along with my uniform pants digging into me leave a line.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: I have this but its due to a roll of fat at the top and a roll of fat underneath it :laugh: :laugh:
  • Yarrowdays
    Yarrowdays Posts: 19
    Options
    Ugh, I have that too. I thought I was the only one, but I guess not. I always assumed that it came from having fat in that area, and poor posture. It usually goes away if I sleep on my stomach, or am standing for most of the day. It's just the skin folding and making a line there...like the creases at your elbows I suppose.
    I assumed that the only way to get rid of it, was to lose all that stomach fat so the skin COULDN'T crease, but it looks like a lot of people have that problem. So the poor posture must be the culprit.