let's share NSV's!

My mini NSV is that last week I went to the car dealership to get my car serviced and I didn't get stuck in the seat in the waiting room :) About 3-6 months ago, that would have been a different story.... What about you? :)

Replies

• StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    I wore a new dress this week that I knew showed off my fabulous legs, without being self-conscious about how it looked elsewhere.
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Hmm...well, last week I walked into work and a lady asked if I had lost weight. When I answered "yes", she told me I look good. Another NSV for me is that my jeans and sweatpants (even with the drawstring pulled and tied) are falling off. Looks like I'll be shopping soon :).
  • rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Last night when my husband came home from work he gave me a big hug and kiss and said I looked sexier than ever. He went on to say he could tell I've lost weight/inches and wanted to know how much. He pointed to my belly (the biggest prob area) and said he could tell it was slimming down and I wasn't so "pregnant looking". When I told him I was only 7 lbs down he said "really? I woulda guessed more." I told him that he was just saying that cause he knew how hard I was working and he responded with "if I didn't know you were trying so hard to lose weight I still woulda noticed the slimmer you. Work pays off whether you tell anyone or not and if they cnt see it, they are blind" Later on when we were changing for bed he looked at me and said "hun, what happened to your stretch marks?" I was like what? He said, your lower stomach...I thought stretch marks are forever but urs are..gone". I hadn't even realized but they had turned more grayish making them less visible cause my skin wasn't so stretcvhed out!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    bught size 22/24 shorts , without trying them on, thinking i would be fine, since used to wear 26/28... and honestly they are kind of loose on me ... guess i have lost enough , but still plenty more to lose!
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    I've bought 3 pairs of skinny jeans. I have kinda wonky legs-like the opposite of scurvy lol and never thought I'd be able to wear straight jeans as it made them look worse but now my legs are slimming down they look straighter
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    What great stories!

I had one today. It's a lovely day, rare in England lately, so we decided to walk to the top of Roundway Hill, near our house, and I walked ALL the way up without stopping. I have never been able to do that before. Aches so good!
  • I love reading these! :)

Mine is last week I put on my size 10 goal pants, not only were they loose on me, but I could pull them down with them buttoned and zipped! Haha :) Another one was so cute I have to share! I work in a class of 2yr olds at a Daycare, and the past few months I've discussed healthy foods with them. I always bring in fruits and veggies for my snacks and they are always very curious about them. Well this week the teacher in the room with me asked one little girl what she eats at McDonald's. The little girl replied "apples," the teacher then said "no, chicken nuggets or a hamburger?" And the little girl said "I don't eat that, that's not real food!" I was blown away, the first toddler ive met that doesn't like happy meals!I have never been so proud in my life! Gotta teach them young! Haha
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,179 Member
    Three years ago, when I was in denial about gaining weight, I happened upon a swim suit at Target that I loved but wouldn't dare wear. It was a purple and black tie-bikini with a marble pattern that I loved and knew I'd never see again, though, so I bought it and hid it in a drawer. I tried it on at various times over the years, and hated how it looked on me, but couldn't toss it. I mean, it was pretty. There had to be a reason to keep it.

Three years later (just last week), after shopping online for swim suits (still looking at suits flattering for larger forms, too), I remembered that little bikini in the drawer. And now, it fits. I would wear it loud and proud to almost anywhere appropriate because it looks and fits fantastically. MFP has brought me back within my "range", and I can't be happier.
  • I had to start using the last hole in my belt two days ago. Luckily, I have leather punches at my disposal, so I can add more when the need arises, and it will!
  • I'm new here, but what is a NSV? Thanks! :)
  • pelpec
    pelpec Posts: 26 Member
    None scale victory!
    Mine this week was pushing a trolley loaded with big bags of compost at a run across the car park...did it without getting breathless and felt so strong! Started a 30 day 100 squats per day challenge 40 days ago....it has become a habit now....and it has strengthened my thighs, slimmed down my legs and lifted and toned my bum!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    I've shrunk through all of my summer shorts, and don't have money to replace them -- a bitter-sweet NSV becuase I finally have the confidence to wear shorts :smile:.

I realized the other day that I am smaller than I was at my wedding 4 years ago. About 2 more years of weight-gain to erase!
  • mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    All of my SHOES are too big!!!!! Lost a Shoe size!
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    I bought my third set of exercise clothes today (smaller size each time)

I also managed to run for 45 mins without stopping on Friday. First time I have run that long for 12 years. I'm very pleased about this :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!