Husband just deployed....Coming home to a sexy new wife!

Options
awise19
awise19 Posts: 154 Member
So my husband deployed to Afghanistan in May and my main goal is becoming a new healthier version of me. Physically and mentally! My husband knows my goals and is so excited and so am I! But my main issue is staying motivated, especially when he is away. Just kind of getting caught up in the laying around and being sad and eating because I am bored stages of deployment which is not where I want to be at all! So I hope that this community can help me stay motivated and stay on track! I can't wait to share my progress with everyone! :)

---Alexis!!!

Replies

• Storey621
    Storey621 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Alexis,

Good for you for wanting to improve yourself and having some awesome goals in mind! I'm looking for new friends who are looking for motivation and who will also motivate me. Good luck on your goals! Feel free to add me!

Devyn
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Hello. my husband is also in the military. Good luck!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    what an awesome reason to hit your goals
    best of luck, i am sure you will do your hubby and yourself proud :)
  • SuckItUpKupcake
    SuckItUpKupcake Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Look forward to cheering you on!! MFP is a whole different, wonderful, motivational world! We're excited to have you!! You've totally got this :)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Are you secretly me? My husband is due back at the end of July and I intend for his jaw to hit the floor. The. Floor. Motivation can be hard, I'm in the throes of a lazy day myself. Just gotta stick to it and keep your eye on the prize.
  • willandjaye
    willandjaye Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My husband is deploying very soon as well. I was pregnant with our first son when he deployed last time and lost all the baby weight (plus a little extra) by the time he got home but then gained most of it back. I just had another boy a couple months ago so I'm hoping to lose the weight again. This site helped a lot last time so I'm sure it will help you reach your goals.
  • awise19
    Options
    Wow you guys are great!
    Sorry I am so late to reply back but one downside to this amazing website is not getting notifications of replies! haha

I have already lost some weight and it feels amazing. I feel better each and everyday.
    I have been eating clean everyday and not cheating which has been giving me so much energy.
    I totally love it!

So just thank you to everyone! Feel free to add me so you can keep up with my progress and I can keep up with yours!
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm not married, nor am I with someone in the army, but I am in a long distance relationship and I only see my bf about once every 2 months. My bf is the one who really motivated me to change my body, he made it sound so simple. So now I have goals of looking fitter every time we see each other. It is, of course, awful to be apart; but diet and exercise gave me a place to focus my energy and relieved a lot of my anxiety and sadness. I'm finally moving to where he is at the end of next month and I'm only 3lbs away from my UGW! That feeling is so amazing, and though it has been a very bumpy ride, I encourage you to not give up and to direct your thoughts and energy in a positive direction. Healthy diet and regular exercise is the best medicine and, you know, I feel like a ride without any bumps probably isn't really going anywhere :)
  • iconnor
    iconnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That's great! I was in the opposite position; I deployed and came back stronger and slimmer and that made my husband's jaw drop! And he did the same to me a few years before when he cane back from his deployment! I've been in both pairs of shoes if anyone needs the support! :)
  • xoxovero419
    Options
    fellow army wife here!! I know the phases of deployment all too well and wish you luck on you journey!! <3

Feel free to add me if you'd like
  • awise19
    Options
    That's great! I was in the opposite position; I deployed and came back stronger and slimmer and that made my husband's jaw drop! And he did the same to me a few years before when he cane back from his deployment! I've been in both pairs of shoes if anyone needs the support! :)

That is awesome!! I can't wait to see my husbands face when he sees the transformation! I bet your husband was so proud of you and excited. He is also working out a lot over there so when he gets home we are going to be like two different people! & it is so exciting.
  • awise19
    Options
    fellow army wife here!! I know the phases of deployment all too well and wish you luck on you journey!! <3

Feel free to add me if you'd like

I made sure to add you!
    Thank you for the support!
  • awise19
    Options
    I'm not married, nor am I with someone in the army, but I am in a long distance relationship and I only see my bf about once every 2 months. My bf is the one who really motivated me to change my body, he made it sound so simple. So now I have goals of looking fitter every time we see each other. It is, of course, awful to be apart; but diet and exercise gave me a place to focus my energy and relieved a lot of my anxiety and sadness. I'm finally moving to where he is at the end of next month and I'm only 3lbs away from my UGW! That feeling is so amazing, and though it has been a very bumpy ride, I encourage you to not give up and to direct your thoughts and energy in a positive direction. Healthy diet and regular exercise is the best medicine and, you know, I feel like a ride without any bumps probably isn't really going anywhere :)

Any kind of LDR is hard! But I am sure he loves seeing how your body has changed every couple months and how you have gotten stronger! I am glad that you are getting to move with him. I can't wait until my husband and I can have a "normal" relationship with no military haha. But you are right! Everything that is really worth it is never easy!!!! :)
  • Pink_Zombie72
    Options
    Not an Army wife here but looking to surprise my soldier (my son!!!) when he comes back from Germany, around Christmas time LOL
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Aww this is a cute idea and a cute thread. Flower for you and for everyone. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: ...happy surprising!
  • bugtaylor
    bugtaylor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    be encouraged!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    My husband is also in the army. I am going to see him in 5 weeks, and I really want to be a bit trimmer when I do!!
    He is in Hawaii, and I move in 5 weeks.
    I want his jaw to hit the ground when he sees me at the airport!

And I want it to be because of how I look and not how much luggage I have! hahahahaha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • traceyfunk
    traceyfunk Posts: 86
    Options
    Mine deploys to Afghanistan Tuesday from Shilo MB (Canadian Army) but he's been posted across the country from home since last August. He's working on getting posted back home once the tour is over, so for me as well, it's kinda now or never!

Can I give one piece of advice? It's very important to set yourself habits now that can be maintained for the long haul! Losing a bunch of weight now is great, but take it from someone who's been there - it's sooo easy to jump right back into old habits once he's home, and before you know it, all your hard efforts are for naught...

Here's to building a healthy fit body for the rest of your life so that you have no need to be back on MFP the next time he deploys! :heart:
  • mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Best wishes on your journey. Remember this is the journey of a lifetime, you are just getting a jumpstart while your hubby is away. Eat well, work hard, have fun!

Background. Hubby was stationed in Korea for a year when we were engaged 31 years ago. Not exactly like what you are doing, so I am a bit out dated. We have been married 30 years. Lost weight while hubby was gone. Picked up the habit of eating portion for portion with him when we got married, BAD habit! :smile: Had kids, pretty active. Some weight gain over the years. Became in active and really put on a few pounds. Getting back on track now. I will get to renew my Driver's License this winter and put my REAL weight on it!:happy:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Break it down into mini goals so you can track your success. Make them fitness related too, not just scale weight goals. Take measurements and before pictures. Good luck and I wish him a safe return.