What foods don't agree with you?

Replies

• Tamm04
    Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
    I recently tried edamame. I'd never had it. At the same time I tried roasted honey soynuts.

I got MAJOR tongue/throat itches from the edamame. I tried them for the next few days once a day and same thing happened. Nothing from the soynuts (I ate them separate). I'm confused. But other than that I've never had a food issue.
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    All foods agree with me & I definitely agree with them. That's how I got here in the first place.
  • FruityLoops
    FruityLoops Posts: 138 Member
    Canned sweetcorn, absolutely love it but if I eat it I spend most of the following day on the loo! Fresh sweetcorn I'm fine with tho.

Couscous also affects me the same way. And bulgar wheat gives me really bad flatulence!!
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    A lot of garlic gives me nightmares. I will sweat and wake in the night screaming often ha ha. I still eat it but have to limit large amounts.

Ground beef also sometimes gives me the runs!
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    All foods agree with me & I definitely agree with them. That's how I got here in the first place.
    Amen, sister.
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    brownies.
  • Black olives, I really like eating them but always get a burning sensation in my stomach afterwards.

Also, I don't know if this counts but most of the people I know can't drink green tea. They say it leaves them feeling "sick" causing dizziness and nausea and they can't see well after drinking even one cup.
  • 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    soy, dairy, beans, peanuts, wheat, I may cut out eggs--all of these are reasons that I may become bloated and/or gassy.
    Wheat isn't TOO bad.

edited: very greasy foods, too.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    The only food I am sensitive to are bananas. They give me heart burn, unless they are really ripe, but I don't like overly ripe bananas.
    In my culture food allergies or sensitivities are almost unknown, so I am not an exception.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Apples
    Diet coke
    Steak pie (but have been vegetarian now for quite a few months)

but those 3 things give me really bad stomach pains..and they are great laxatives for me :explode:
  • Rosegardenia
    Rosegardenia Posts: 53 Member
    broccoli - projectile vomiting. Apparently it is something to do with the type of fibre it is - vomiting gets less projectile the smaller the broccoli is mashed! I really like broccoli, so every few years I try it again...still no luck. And trifle. It is like crack to me. The only problem is I eat too much of it...way too much...
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Refined carbs go straight to my belly! I can stop eating that and not change anything else in my diet and my belly will disappear in a week or so (depending on how big it's gotten). Scary! Fruit/veg carbs do not have the same effect, but i've ditched tatties and rice for the most part too. I have neeps or celeriac instead for mash and chip alternatives (soo much better tasting!), obviously for roast tatties you can't use anything other than tatties.

I'm wheat intolerant (not gluten), i have only just discovered (myself, no doctors involved) that it's the main cause of my urticaria

In fact, my general urticaria and constant blocked nose and rubbish sense of smell has greatly improved since dropping wheat (mostly, i don't bother about it if it's in sauces etc).

i'm borderline intolerant of milk but as i can't stand other versions it's just tough luck and i'm slightly addicted to it, it's one of my few vices.

I also have to eat crisps that are just potatoes and salt/vinegar, any thing else makes me itch (starts in my mouth and later on my skin). i have cut them down alot too and eat popcorn instead.
  • loriwhitefaith
    loriwhitefaith Posts: 116 Member
    watermelon
    cantelope
    honeydew
    any kind of melon.......DISLIKE
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Lentils.

I won't go into detail....
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Plums.

You can guarantee if I have a suggestion, Plums is completely against it. Im getting real tired of his *kitten*.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Homemade bacon spinach dip, eaten on Ritz crackers. I TRY to eat just one, or a reasonable serving, and it disagrees and insists I eat it ALL.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Nuts, any type, they really dont agree with me.

I suffer everything from excess wind, to debilitating stomach cramps and (tmi) constipation.

Do i still eat them..... Yes.

Cant seem to help myself :embarassed:

Baked Beans: same as nuts.... but i mostly avoid them. Iv never been a Bean lover, dont mind them every now an again with toast and cheese.... but i have beans about twice a year.

Onions, seem to repeat alot more lately.... but i still eat them. Especially with beef/steak/sage/cheese
  • estherlion
    estherlion Posts: 86 Member
    Pork, especially baby back ribs or brawts. I love the taste but my stomach hurts so bad afterward. Explosive.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    bump
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Unfortunately, I have sensitivities to many foods:

Alcohol -makes my left foot swell really badly and hurts my stomach.
    Red meat -stomachache
    Fried food -stomachache
    Anything acidic (pasta sauce/oranges/Apple's, etc) -stomach
    Coffee -stomach
    Real ice cream but I am okay with milk
    Many different types of fruits and veg

Yeah it's a lot. My stomach is just wrecked.