Average weight for a 5 foot 6 inches female

Options

Replies

• TiffanyTiffany247
    Options
    What do people mean when they say they have a small, medium or large frame? I don't think I understand that. What makes your frame a particular size? And how can you tell the sz of your frame? How can I tell the sz of mine?
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What do people mean when they say they have a small, medium or large frame? I don't think I understand that. What makes your frame a particular size? And how can you tell the sz of your frame? How can I tell the sz of mine?

You can get a quick and easy estimate of your frame size by simply wrapping your thumb and index finger of one hand around your wrist of your other hand. If they overlap you have a small frame; if they just meet you have a medium frame; if they can't touch you have a large frame. You can also calculate it by measuring your wrist with a tape measure or by measuring your elbow breadth (need assistance for the second measurement).

The following website shows you how to determine your frame size using a tape measure:

http://www.myfooddiary.com/Resources/frame_size_calculator.asp

The following website has a calculator that gives you an ideal weight range for your height after you have determined your frame size:

http://www.divine.ca/en/ideal-weight-calculator/c_317/

The ideal weight for each frame size gives you a weight range of about fifteen pounds. A more muscular person would likely aim for the higher end of the range and a less muscular person for the lower end. Of course, these are just guidelines and each individual has to determine a weight where they feel comfortable at what is sustainable for them.
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm around 135 and want to lose a few more pounds - just to lose the last few stubborn bits of fat really. Don't think I could weigh much less with my frame as I'd end up looking scrawny. Think you have to judge it on a healthy BMI, body fat percentage etc but also what looks good on you because it's different for everyone.
  • daisyboo84
    daisyboo84 Posts: 37
    Options
    I am 5'6" and currently 125lbs, this however is not good for me, and doesn't suit my frame.

My ideal comfortable weight is 112lb, but realistic weight is 116lbs.

Lowest i've been was 105lbs, and although I felt great and healthy, obviously people said I was too thin.

I have very very small bones, and a tiny head, so if I gained weight i'd look very odd.

There isn't an average weight, there is a weight that your body feels right at. If I was at the upper end of healthy for my height it wouldn't work for me , whilst someone else can be in the "unhealthy" range and look fantastic!
  • TiffanyTiffany247
    Options
    Thanks for the help! According to the website, I have a large frame lol. I guess Im a giant "on the inside" ;-) but that is fine with me bc I can not worry about the extra weight because according to them I am supposed to have it.

Ideal weight range: 138 - 155 lbs.

You are currently 11.0 lbs. over your target weight range. With the help of MyFoodDiary.com, you can reach 155 lbs. in 11 weeks or less. Imagine that! You could be at your ideal weight by August 14th or sooner!
  • KPMP1992
    KPMP1992 Posts: 66
    Options
    I am 42, 5'6 and 143 lbs. Everyone around me tells me I look fine, but my feel good weight is 135, and I am determined to get back to it.

I was always a size 8 in pants but went up to a 10 when I hit 145 (my highest weight not being pregnant!). I don't like double digits. ;)
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    My goal is around 140.
  • mNassie
    mNassie Posts: 2
    Options
    So far at 5"6 I currently weigh 165 but I wear size 8 in pants,mediums in tops, and my measurements are 37-29-40.5. Since apparently I have a small frame I still look a bit over weight, but I'm a pear-shape so I carry most of my weight in my lower-body and my lower stomach. My goal weight is 130 hopefully I'll get there in a couple of months. :)
  • jbs2travel
    jbs2travel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 6", large boned and my trainer told me I should weigh 163#. I am a pear shape and carry my weight well. Still have a way to go to get there. My initial goal is 180 and then I will re-assess
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 6 1/2in, 42 yrs old at 124 lbs, and a small frame. I think I'm in better shape now than when I was in my 20s even. I'm trying to gain a little muscle, and honestly still trying to decide if 124 is too small. My husband thought I looked too thin, but I'm not sure if I'm really too thin or if he's just not used to me this size (mostly size 4s, 6s depending on the brand). I'm not having any trouble maintaining this for now at least while I take my time figuring things out. I eat healthier now than I ever have, and am enjoying it!
  • Kiaford
    Kiaford Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and I am aiming for 135 lbs.
    I feel it is my most comfortable weight.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and look my best at 115lbs. i'll be happy to weigh more with less body fat though.
  • thinlove333
    Options
    I am 136 lbs and I'm trying to get down to at least 125 lbs. I'm a small frame and yes I feel quite heavy at 136.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I'm curious and I made this account just to ask, I'm 13 and I'm 5 foot 6 but I'm 115 pounds. Is that healthy?

You are only 13 years old.
    Get off the scale and live your teenage years while you still have them.
    Adult weight does not apply to children.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I am plateauing with a good weight loss, but wish to know what the average weight for someone my height is so I don't fret too much....I am 37 years old and sit on my *kitten* in a desk job all day, but exercise about three times a week.

What's the average weight for any other 5 foot 6 inch ladies out there?

x

I have cousins who are probably 5'6'' and around 145 lbs. and they look awesome at that weight. They do not have any extra flab. That is my goal. My sister weighs 130 and is 5'4'' and looks skinny, so I think I would look about like her in the 140's considering our difference in height.
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 43 years old, weigh 146lbs, and wear a size 10. I have an hourglass shape, medium frame, and am happy at this weight.
  • bowsandpearls
    Options
    I originally was 135 before losing 10lbs last year. I found my perfect weight to be 121.8 (I know, very specific). I have a small but athletic frame so my weight/size fluctuates based on how active I am. But regardless of scales, I feel my ideal weight is when I look fit but still have breasts. Ideal weight as a number even changes based on activity level, so don't get hung up on that.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", hovering between 157-161 daily, size 6 pants and dress, 19%BF.

I feel like I'm not average after reading these posts :P
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Relevance of average female weight with regard to YOUR body: none
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Relevance of average female weight with regard to YOUR body: none

Bingo