Can't understand not being able to get all your calories...

1234568»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I run into the problem all the time. At the end of every day, I almost always have calories left, but I've gone over on protein and occasionally on fat. So then I'm left with carbs to consume and I have a hard time finding carbs that don't also have protein, which just puts me more in the hole with protein. I haven't been able to figure out how to get it right yet but since I'm losing consistently, I must be doing okay. I know I'm going to hear about how I'm doing something wrong. I do list every single ounce of what I eat, and I do measure and weight every single thing that goes into my mouth. As for exercise, the path behind my house where I walk has markers for every quarter mile, so I can time myself between markers and know how fast I'm walking. I don't know how I can be more precise than I'm already being. Yet at the end of the day, I'm still short on calories even when I try to eat them back, because the protein thing bites me in the *kitten* every time.

It's fine to be over on protein. Unless you eat like 300g of them a day, you really can never eat too much. It's good for you.
  • ctcountrygurl
    ctcountrygurl Posts: 10 Member
    I meant "fun" in a joking term :) I do find it hard to fill up on all my calories when I'm trying to feed my body with high quality "fuel" (which is primarily made of non-processed foods i.e. veggies, fruits, protein, healthy fats). The U.S. portions are out of control for everything and that is something to be considered when doing portion sizes.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    I have that problem, too. My solution has been wine :)
  • I just wanted to add my 2 cents in :) I'm a very big girl and I usually end up eating 1600, when my goal on mfp says 1460. I find that is where I feel good. ANYWAY when I'm having a hard time because I ate too lite throughout the day I get scared to eat the rest of my calories. I'm a binger, especially evening and night, so I struggle with "What" to eat to finish my day so that it doesn't trigger a big fall out!
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Some days I feel like I could eat half a lb of pasta by myself. With a side of garlic bread!

And then I have days like today. I cleaned out the fridge I share with other people and I don't even feel like looking at food right now, nevermind cooking and eating it. ~500 calories below my 1210 limit... ugh. :sick:

I just wanted to say that I love the picture on your ticker :) And agree with the huge appetite sometimes and the zero appetite sometimes.