From "pear" to "hourglass" with HEAVY-LIFTING for Women!

Options

Replies

• amolina1989
    Options
    Great job!
  • laurabelle2013
    Options
    Tremendous results !
    Way to go, I Love that last picture!
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!

I'm glad you are not at my gym working out with me. I'd be too distracted admiring your back/shoulders/arms. Those are absolutely gorgeous. However, the biggest difference is in your hips. You have a fantastic athletic body now. Good work!
  • inthedistrict
    inthedistrict Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Very impressive, especially dramatic change in hips before and after.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    YOU look great, lady. My thighs do a similar thing to your before picture, so this is some serious encouragement for me.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Great work OP! Keep it up.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress.

Keep up the great work.

:flowerforyou:
  • deineira
    deineira Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Nice work~ you look awesome. I am wondering what your definition is of heavy lifting? Can you share some information about your routine?
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

I still have 2" to shave off my hips and 0.5" to shave off my natural waist....I'm still not that "happy" with my lower body - but I do like my upper body.

What's not to be happy with? Your body is looking great and doing great things for you!
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You look very good. But 33 26 38 is pear-shaped, not an hour-glass.

pfft. I read your bio... you don't just play an @ss in the thread, you are one in RL.
    Clearly you like to keep your 'sense of well being' to yourself.

Congrats on the awesome Work OP!
  • SparklyPinkMom
    SparklyPinkMom Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Congrats!
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    That is a huge difference! You look great - keep up the hard work.
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    WOW! Hello from Chicago. Yes, please share what routine you started out with. Thanks for the photos.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look absolutely amazing!! Congratulations!!
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING Laura!!! My fellow VI Sister!!! Love it!!!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You look very good. But 33 26 38 is pear-shaped, not an hour-glass.

I agree. You do look awesome but there's nothing wrong with being a pear. Pear is sexy too.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,633 Member
    Options
    I am 44 years old - and dedicated my fitness to heavy-lifting (free weights) for the last 18 months. Before that, it was 25+ years of cardio, cardio, cardio.

I can say that the improvements that have been made over the last 18 months are, to me, UNBELIEVABLE. A true "pear", I aimed to become as close to an hourglass as I could, recognizing that I have zero boobs and I am unwilling to seek surgery.

I am 5'8.5" tall. I weighed in at 146 lbs, today.

I started taking "photos" and "measurements" on January 1, 2012 - 18 months ago. It's now June 29, 2013 - here are my photos and measurements:

Endof18Monthsslide1_zps5050e312.jpg

Endof18Monthsslide2_zpsf0391ef9.jpg

I still have 2" to shave off my hips and 0.5" to shave off my natural waist....I'm still not that "happy" with my lower body - but I do like my upper body.

EndofJune20139monthsposing_zps01c3e5e6.jpg

Remember, all things are possible! I have a full-time job. I have severe asthma. I have a husband and a family to take care of. But, above all else, I believe that I owe it to myself to take care of myself. First.

Here's to the next 18 months!!
    Great job! Too bad you didn't measure your shoulder to shoulder width before. Then people can see that just "widening" your shoulders gives an enhanced illusion of hourglass more too!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Great job :)
  • BeefyBFit
    BeefyBFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Congrats, inspiring success!
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Its especially awesome to see great results from someone with a similar body type as myself.

Great work OP!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!