Greek Yoghurt/ avocado dips?

Options
I have small tub of plain Greek yoghurt that expires in a few weeks and I don't really like eating it by itself with fruit, so I was wondering if anyone knew any healthy dips or other recipes that are easy to make. (I also love avocado so if any of the recipes included avocado that would be great too)

Replies

• lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You can add a little bit of honey to the yogurt along with fruit to sweeten it up a bit. And a little granola sprinkled on top for crunch--yum.
  • lutzka1
    lutzka1 Posts: 6
    Options
    1 cup greek yogurt
    1/2 peeled diced cucumber
    1/2 of a whole tomato diced
    1/4 of an avocado
    salt (to taste)
    pepper (to taste)
    garlic powder (to taste)

Mix all ingredients in bowl and use as dip, or sauce on sandwiches. If the above dip is made with non fat plain greek yogurt rather than 2% etc., the entire recipe is 154 calories. I found that I can make it once and use it 3-4 times between sandwiches and dipping pretzels or veggie sticks into it. It's cool and creamy with a bit of a gyro sauce hint to it.

Enjoy!
  • lilliiii2122
    Options
    Ooh that sounds great! And I already have all the ingredients so I can try it tonight hehe
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Tzatziki.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Or use it instead of sour cream (make tacos or something)
  • melaniehubbard
    melaniehubbard Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Puree the avacado with a little lemon juice place in bottom of a dish spread greek yogurt over top and then put salsa on top.Makes a great dip.