From "pear" to "hourglass" with HEAVY-LIFTING for Women!

Options

Replies

• Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Is it a particular program from those you did where you noticed the most change in the hisp/thighs/abs area, or they all started going down as the weight went down?
  • Tanana66
    Tanana66 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Congrats Beeps, your transformation is awesome.
    Wow, look at those arms! And your legs look sooo different! Great job. :flowerforyou:
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!!
    I think your shoulders give you a great hourglass silhouette....and that's without even seeing a pic with your arms at your sides to show it :)
  • mrsmark2010
    mrsmark2010 Posts: 220
    Options
    Beeps, you did amazing!! Fantastic results.
  • blizzardsmom
    blizzardsmom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    How do I look at the pics
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    amazing job!!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely beautiful and I can just "see" your strength and hard work! You have beautiful shape! Well done!!
  • ironbutterf1y
    Options
    Your true inspiration!
  • F1TCH1K
    F1TCH1K Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Way to go Beeps!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    I've had the most success with Venus program, I think - which I've been doing for the last 9 months.

The Venus program calculates the Venus-ratio from shoulders-to-natural-waist-to-hips, so the "bust" doesn't come into the equation at all (nor do I think it should....) If you take my shoulders (42") to my natural waist (26.5" - should be 26") to my hips (38" - should be 36"), THAT is what "Venus ratio" is for hourglass.

I do find most mfp posters are very supportive - and that's what matters most!

Happy to help those on their own personal journey of nutrition/fitness success - however I can!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...Also, I'll put in a plug for Bret C's ("the Glute Guy") new book, "Strong Curves" - I incorporated BB weighted hip thrusts and BB weighted glute bridges into my routine in the last 8 weeks and THAT ADDITION to my routine, alone, made my hips/butt come down 1", I believe!
  • ajidllensi
    ajidllensi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Beeps - congratulations! You look amazing!!
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    BIG QUESTION..... Do you stilldocardio and if so how has that changed? Thanks
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    Hi. Found the answer to the question as I kept reading you look great! Thanks for posting
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Fantastic :flowerforyou:
  • jewelsrn55
    jewelsrn55 Posts: 13
    Options
    I am very interested in this "heavy lifting". How do you get started? I'm afraid of hurting myself since I don't have a clue.
    Thanks, Jules
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    That back shot of you is HOT!!! All of them are wonderful, well done - cheers to the next 18 months!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    jewels - I started with "Body for Life" - in late 2011, which included machines as part of the program. When I decided to move to free weights, I bought Lou Schuler's "New Rules of Lifting for Women" - best $22 I've ever spent!

There is a "New Rules of Lifting for Women" group here at mfp - there's also a "Women's Strength Training" group - you could join those and start there - TONS of FAQ on those groups!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    ...Also, I'll put in a plug for Bret C's ("the Glute Guy") new book, "Strong Curves" - I incorporated BB weighted hip thrusts and BB weighted glute bridges into my routine in the last 8 weeks and THAT ADDITION to my routine, alone, made my hips/butt come down 1", I believe!

I do this one. And I also do New Rules of Lifting for Life.

I also understand what you mean about being hourglass and/or working towards it. My shoulders are the same measurement as my hips. I have a very small waist: 23 inches. And my booty is just a couple inches bigger than my bust. I am small, but have a curvy figure with a 10+ inch waist to hip ratio. And my rib cage is very small (26 inches). I tend to think I am pear, but most people disagree on that with me. I don't think the labels really matter. We are what we are by looking at us (whatever it gets labeled). And either way, you should embrace your beautiful body and be proud of your fitness. I think the labels are misleading because there are so many different ways it can look. Pear for example does not look the same way for every women. It's just based on measurements and not body composition. I think pear shaped is a beautiful shape, and usually looks nothing like an actual pear.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!