Wanting to lose 3.4 pounds by July 4th. Possible?

Options
Before I get a whole gang of people saying, "Slow and steady- 2 pounds a week at most": I totally know You're looking at a girl who has taken two years to lose 38 pounds, haha. I know about slow, and ultimately that's how I am losing the bulk of my weight. BUT, I started this personal challenge in May, which is to lose 15 pounds by July 4th and I want to work hard these next coulple days and see where the chips (weight) fall. I'm not gonna freak out about it, but I want to sprint to the end with maximum effort at least.

Do any of you have tips on what I can do between now and then to maximize my loss over the next four days?

Here's what I was thinking for food:

Eating paleo & clean (limiting carbs & sugars- lots of protein, veggies, healthy fats)
Sticking within my calories and 35 WW points
Lots of water
Veggie/ Miso soups for dinner (breakfast & lunch will be my biggest meals)
Limiting salt

In terms of working out, what should I do? Doubling up? Strength? 3 sessions of shorter cardio 3 times a day? Strength training?
I have all day Monday-Thursday to devote to this, so no time constraints.

Replies

• Veganhclf
    Veganhclf Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's possible but you'd have to starve.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Get a haircut?
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Can you create a 2400 calorie a day deficit? I am sure it's possible, but I am also sure it would take at least 5 hours of intense working out to do it or 7 or 8 hours of lower intensity working out. So, I guess if you have a treadmill or gym membership you can walk all day long for the next 5 days.
  • ouiouilezizi
    Options
    Get a haircut?

Haha... I just might, but only because it's been REALLY hot here in So Cal :P

Maybe I should post this in the fitness area, since I mainly want to figure out what I should do in my workouts (or how frequently I should workout)....

Thanks anyway Haircut and Starvation!
  • Freefatty
    Freefatty Posts: 9
    Options
    You can do it!!! I think drinking water, eating high fiber, and cardio are the keys. I'll be looking forward to reading about your success! :)
  • tattedbarbz
    Options
    Double the amount of cardio you're already doing. . Get that heart rate up. No more strength. Stay well within your calories and don't eat after 7pm. Good luck.. after you've done these few days carry on going slow!
  • onwarddownward
    Options
    Can I be honest here? What is the rush? You look great. Your best bet, in my opinion is a nice steady loss, not a rush that's going to rebound. And 3 lbs doesn't amount to a hill of beans in the big scheme of things. It's the long road that matters. Starving now is a guaranteed rebound or binge later.

I'd rather be able to say, I was steady then to say I met my goal unwisely.

And keep your hair, it's lovely.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Well, you could fool yourself with a diuretic or laxative, but why? There's no realistic way to lose that much weight in that few days. But hey ... 11.6/15 is 77% ... that's a passing grade!
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Ok...you had a personal challenge to lose 15 pounds by July 4 but you are currently 3.4 pounds short. You do something drastic to lose the 3.4, and do it. What happens when you go back to eating 'normally' and gain it back?? Just make a new challenge and try a new one. Realistically, I don't think you will lose it and keep it off in the long run.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's possible.

You may find one of these to be the quickest method to use.

Chainsaw.jpg
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Even if you do manage to lose that much in 4 days, it's not gonna be all body fat. So chances are when you go back to what you normally do, you'll gain most of it back. Trust me. Lol.
  • onwarddownward
    Options
    Our bathroom is under construction. Our carpenter lost three pound when he accidentally cut most of his hand off last week. His buddy, the plumber is finishing the job.

Yeah. It's not really pertinent. But I thought I would share.
  • ProjectJepo
    Options
    If you had been dieting properly you probably would have lost the weight you intended.

But to answer your question....

You wont be able to lose that much fat in 4 days
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's possible if... you get a stomach bug or gastro, or you've been dieting for a while and it just happens to be the time when you lose weight (I lose 5-6 lbs in 10 days, sometimes 7 here, then nothing for 3 weeks).
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Some people can be quite rude around here. If it helps any, I dropped 3 pounds in 6'days last week, eating 1600-1800 calories a day and just doing the 30 day shred. ^_^
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    My recommendation is to adjust your expectations and goals.
    As others have said - you may be able to lose the weight in the three or four days but it will require a herculean effort and there is no guarantee that the weight will not come straight back on once you relax your effort.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Why though? Like really ask yourself why hitting an arbitrary weight/time goal is vital to your happiness.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you had been dieting properly you probably would have lost the weight you intended.

:grumble: Or instead of belittling her for being a few pounds short, maybe the problem was that her goal was a little too ambitious.

Personally, I've become very "meh" about the concept of goal weights. I can go for a five mile run and "lose" 3 pounds because I sweat like a hog on the way to the slaughterhouse. I can "gain" 8 pounds overnight if I order the Pesto Shrimp Alfredo at this one Italian restaurant that goes a little heavy on the sodium. Since I reached my supposed "goal weight," I've gained about 15 pounds, and still wear the same clothes.

Your weight is nothing more than effect of gravity on your body. It's largely meaningless. Switch your focus to fitness goals and body composition, and you'll be a much happier camper.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Seaweed wrap.

Just be prepared for it to come back AFTER July 4th, k?
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    It's possible but it would have to be mostly water weight. You'd need to avoid salt altogether so probably skip the miso soup. If you aren't carrying extra water when you start you will definitely feel like crap, put a burden on your kidneys, and want to be really careful to avoid heat stroke if you go outside. Oh, yeah, and chug some laxatives. And weigh naked on soft carpet. That oughtta do it.

That being said, the scale might still spoil your plan and you'll feel lousy and probably take a couple days off the end of your life. Worth it? Only you can decide but I wouldn't recommend it.