This is why I lift! (pic heavy)

Options
No squats (from the skinny-fat days)

xc7wgi.jpg
2ewl7yb.jpg

5 1/2 months of lifting, with 3 of those last months focusing on *kitten*-to-the-floor heavy squats

2liig4o.jpg

r7jhqv.jpg

No upper body training (thought it would make me "bulky")

fwlxck.jpg

5 1/2 months of heavy power lifting and "upper body" lifting days

sxd5y8.jpg

Three months of "Eating" to lose general weight
125 lbs, eating about 800 calories per day (body fat percentage was quite high because of this) of mostly carbs

33bfzpx.jpg

...Which eventually caused binging, and this was me January of this year

dzffc3.jpg

3 months of eating to fuel myself and achieve lifting and performance goals
135lbs

b5lm37.jpg

And now. Feeling like a power house. I love my biceps, butt, legs, shoulders, and back.

344cjcx.jpg
el4lsx.jpg

Yay for bathroom selfies!

Stomach fat is still my weakest area. Since I have been working on gaining muscle and endurance for the past 6 months and eating a lot to sustain that, I haven't lost much more than what you see at the 3 month mark. So now begins the journey of manipulating carbs and fats so that I can lose fat and keep as much muscle as possible.

Lifting weights has given me results in (literally) a couple of weeks. I really encourage you to try it.

Edit: Since I usually get asked this, I thought I would include it: I work out 6 days a week (4-5 of those days include short 20-30 minute cardio sessions that are usually high intensity intervals (AKA sprints)). I have started breaking cardio and lifting up so that I do cardio first thing in the morning and lifting in the evenings. I have a cheat meal once per week (and yes I usually do stuff my face full of Mexican food), eat around 1500-1800 calories per day (I am 5' 3" and 24 years old). I eat about 40/40/20 in terms of protein/carbs/fats. I do meal preps every couple of days and yes, I eat plain, cold chicken breast for a snack in the middle of the afternoon lol.

Feel free to follow my fitness crap on Instagram: @tode909. I post all kinds of meals, recipes, exercises, and updates!

Replies

• My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I must say....those are some sexy *kitten* legs!!!! Great work!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic. I love lifting, I never knew I could actually LIKE exercising until I started incorporating weights.

You must be so proud, you are doing fantastic!!!
  • laura751
    laura751 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! I'm in the middle of 30 Day Shred but once I finish I want to start lifting. I would love to have a figure like yours. Did you follow a programme of some kind? I don't know where to start!
  • jlynneh91
    jlynneh91 Posts: 15
    Options
    Amazing - you've had some great results. I plan to start doing some weight training - just need the know-how next. :)
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Holy cr*p!!! Look at those legs and abs!!! Awesome job, can't wait to see your results in another few months!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    my favorite success story ever. FANTASTIC WORK!
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    10's across the board. Amazing transformation and happy for what you have accomplished.
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You look very very good! And you're pretty fine looking! Nice work!

This is why I have started training both upper and lower. I am still way too high for muscle to pop out(other than in my lower legs and biceps), but I think the lifting will help burn the fat faster and by the time I am at a decent weight, I wont look flabby. :)
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    You look SO good!! I just started heavy lifting and i Hope to have results as fantastic as yours! Glad to have you on my FL, expect lifting questions to come your wayyy haha. I also added you on Instagram :)

Keep it up girl!!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Wonderful results! Although the first picture is my favorite (probably because I love the colors of fall). You can even see the difference in your face!
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! I'm in the middle of 30 Day Shred but once I finish I want to start lifting. I would love to have a figure like yours. Did you follow a programme of some kind? I don't know where to start!

Thank you, I feel amazing! And what a nice compliment. I basically do sprints in the morning and then lifting in the evenings. I do supersets, repping to failure, small reps of heavy weights, etc. I literally change it every week but I am sure to hit upper body and lower body equally throughout the week. I also throw in crossfit 2-3 times per week for an entire-body workout.

Start out with 3 sets of 10 reps on one "half' of the body (like lower body) one day. Savannah from Muffin Top-Less has a great workout regimen and I use a lot of her training in my own workouts.

http://muffin-topless.com/muffin-topless-summer-challenge/workouts-1-of-3/

I also recommend Jamie Eason's LiveFit trainer. I adopted a lot of the workouts posted for month 1 and have seen great results. I'm on "month 2" (and I use quotations because I modify a lot of this and don't follow it strictly), so it gives you a good starting place for sure. She also provides meal plans, which I follow.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-phase-1.html
  • Naturally_sassy0525
    Naturally_sassy0525 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Stomach fat is still my weakest area. Since I have been working on gaining muscle and endurance for the past 6 months and eating a lot to sustain that, I haven't lost much more than what you see at the 3 month mark. So now begins the journey of manipulating carbs and fats so that I can lose fat and keep as much muscle as possible.

Lifting weights has given me results in (literally) a couple of weeks. I really encourage you to try it.

Edit: Since I usually get asked this, I thought I would include it: I work out 6 days a week (4-5 of those days include short 20-30 minute cardio sessions that are usually high intensity intervals (AKA sprints)). I have started breaking cardio and lifting up so that I do cardio first thing in the morning and lifting in the evenings. I have a cheat meal once per week (and yes I usually do stuff my face full of Mexican food), eat around 1500-1800 calories per day (I am 5' 3" and 24 years old). I eat about 40/40/20 in terms of protein/carbs/fats. I do meal preps every couple of days and yes, I eat plain, cold chicken breast for a snack in the middle of the afternoon lol.

Feel free to follow my fitness crap on Instagram: @tode909. I post all kinds of meals, recipes, exercises, and updates!
    [/quote]

You look amazing I'm following you on IG rite.now!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    You look hot!!!
  • kizzykizzywizzy1
    kizzykizzywizzy1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'd kill for a stomach like that :-)
  • OliveDouglas
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! When I get to the lifting part maybe you can help me out? Message me!! Keep it up!
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Damn girl!!
  • fmouco
    fmouco Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING !!! I need these abs!!!
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Wow, look at you! Nice work!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Excellent! You look fantastic!
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Wow! Beautiful and strong!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!