Why do people keep their scales in the bathroom?

Options

Replies

• ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    To spare my family from the shock and horror of seeing me naked while weighing in! Nobody needs to see that schlockeroo!
  • amcozy
    amcozy Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I keep my scale in the bathroom because that's where I see myself naked the most, lol :) I don't really pay as much attention to my weight on the scale so much as how I look in the mirror and fit in my clothes- I've got gigantic mirrors in the bathroom so it works out well :)
  • mlfrailing
    mlfrailing Posts: 79
    Options
    We do keep ours in the kitchen but my official weigh in scale is my Nintendo Wii

How accurate is that? Not being critical here. We have one, just wondering, because I never thought of using that like that.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    ... and also for nekkid, cause that can't/shouldn't happen in the kitchen.

What?! Who says so? I'm naked in my kitchen.. a lot!

KSRBJNB.jpg

Unsanitary and OMGAWD think of hot coffee/butter/coconut oil/whatever splashing on you..
  • NathanFronk
    NathanFronk Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Keeping a scale in the kitchen or living room may cause compulsive weighing the way keeping a fridge in the kitchen might cause compulsive eating.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the kitchen, bathroom is tiny and no way it can go in there. Have carpet everywhere else so it lives in the kitchen, I don't weigh naked but if I did, its my kitchen and if I want to be naked in it I shall be, but not frying food. That'd be just silly :noway:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    We do keep ours in the kitchen but my official weigh in scale is my Nintendo Wii

How accurate is that? Not being critical here. We have one, just wondering, because I never thought of using that like that.

I use my Wii, too, in addition to my scale. For me its been pretty accurate.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Mine's in the bathroom but not to hide it. Weighing is part of my morning routine and that's where it makes more sense to have it. I'm not going to weigh naked in the kitchen...and my living room has carpeting...so the scale doesn't make sense either of those places.

Exactly!
  • Chrissy292018
    Chrissy292018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Lol very true:).
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I keep mine on a board in the corner of the bedroom. I never move it as I personally think it can knock the readings schew wiff.. Last year I did Slimming World briefly (impressively gained 4lbs - obviously saw it as a personal challenge). The scales were dragged out of the back of the woman's car before being jumped on by approx 20 of us... Erm accurate? I think not :laugh:
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have to tell you all that I think it's a great idea to have a scale in the kitchen. Don't know why I never thought of that.

If it's in the kitchen I can weigh before eating something I shouldn't. Seeing the number would deter me.

I have two scales and I'm moving one to the kitchen.
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My scale is in the kitchen because my bathroom has carpet.
    It is just a little cheapy scale so it isn't the greatest but I only use it once in a great while. I go weigh in on Mondays at the Extention Office on a Doctors scale and that is the one I go by.
    I don't weigh in naked though, never have.
    I wear a big ole pair of joggie pants and t-shirt. :)

Loving the other comments though :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options
    ha. I tried putting mine in the kitchen - I live alone, why not? I was thinking the same thing as OP - put it where the damage is done.

Here's why it didn't work.

I have a small kitchen.

One day I spilled something on the scale and it shorted it out. And by something, I mean an entire Brita pitcher of water. :ohwell:
  • DreaMuffin
    DreaMuffin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i keep mine in the kitchen as well. gets much more use when it's there - and it stares at me like it's judging me haha! :laugh:
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    So i can poo first.

But actually, mine is in the nursery because there's no room in my bathroom.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Mine aren't technically in the bathroom but they used to be because I like to weigh myself naked. I figure not everyone in the house wants to see that :noway:
  • 4n6babe
    4n6babe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the kitchen because my bathroom is too small and I tend to bump it a lot. I called the scale manufacturer and they agree its best to be in a place where its less traffic/won't be disturbed or moved often so since I spend less time in the kitchen and there is a little more room there, that's where it is :)
  • chelcdub
    chelcdub Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. If you ask why not in the kitchen or living room, why not in the car also. If you (not the poster specifically) get so weak around food, maybe there should be one in the car also to avoid going to fast food restaurants.
    Well, cause I'm not getting naked in my kitchen. Nor did I need it to deter eating. I also wouldn't want the family gathering around when I step on it.

I no longer use a scale anyway TBH.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Mine is currently in my living room. Only because it's the only place in my house that it will read properly.
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the kitchen near the dogs bowl