Why do people keep their scales in the bathroom?

Options

Replies

• RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the kitchen. And it's a professional weight scale, like you find in a doctor's office. I found it to be the most accurate. Big as hell and not a pretty sight in the kitchen, but hey, whatever. I find that i have more room in my kitchen for it than in the bathroom. I cook food in the kitchen, but i don't need the room to sit and eat in the kitchen.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I keep mine in the bathroom to see what it says before and AFTER I go
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I never thought about it. My parents and everyone I ever visited kept theirs in the bathroom - I figured that's just where it goes.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Mine's in the bathroom but not to hide it. Weighing is part of my morning routine and that's where it makes more sense to have it. I'm not going to weigh naked in the kitchen...and my living room has carpeting...so the scale doesn't make sense either of those places.

Yup.

My old apartment had no tile ANYWHERE. I had to take the top glasses layer off my coffee table, put the scale on the bottom rack and step into the coffee table to weigh myself.
  • MariettaDelene
    MariettaDelene Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ditto for pretty much everything said here. Mine's in the bathroom so I can weigh myself in the morning while naked after using the can for the lowest reading and I don't want to do that in the kitchen. An additional +1 for the bathroom having hard floors. One time I was visiting my parents for a week and had to weigh myself in the garage because their bathroom is carpeted. Talk about awkward!
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Mine likes to watch me pee. I let it.
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Aren't they called Bathroom scale??

Mine is in a bedroom and people are always bumping into it.
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I keep mine in the bathroom because they're called "bathroom scales".:laugh:
    But really it's in there because of the same reason so many already mentioned.
    I don't think I would like seeing it in the kitchen because the constant reminder would trigger my tendencies toward general anxiety disorder. I already know I'm fat and need to lose weight, I don't need it staring at me going "nah, nah, na nah, nah" :noway:
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Aren't they called Bathroom scale??

Ha ha, we must have been typing at the same time but I had to get too wordy! :wink:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    A carpenter doesn't hide his tape-measure.

Uh... Every handyman and handywoman I've known has kept their tape measure and other tools in a tool box. The only time my tape measure is just sitting out on the counter is when I'm using it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I read this question in someone's profile and it got me asking the same thing.

Why not the kitchen - where it might be an effective deterrent as one grabs for the Doritos and cookies?
    Why not the living room - where game consoles, computers and TV sets invite bum-iness? Isn't placing the scale in the same area as the couch potato equal opportunity?

A carpenter doesn't hide his tape-measure. Why do dieters hide the scale?
    I'm not usually naked in my kitchen and my living room has carpet.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the closet because I don't use it any more:smile:

I'm neked in my kitchen in spite of this on hot summer days:bigsmile:
  • Turtlesallthewaydown
    Turtlesallthewaydown Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the kitchen and I get a lot of concerned / negative comments about it. Like "Uh do you weight yourself before you eat? hurr hurr"
  • imsugarcici
    imsugarcici Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have kept my scales in the kitchen for as long as I can remember. I weigh in a lightweight gown first thing each morning before having coffee. I live with my 2 daughters, so also use the scales almost daily and this just seems easier for us. Plus, it can effect what choices we make, when we're deciding what to eat. It's also a reminder that we're trying to lose weight and if the scales are not weighing what we'd like, we tend to eat healthier or feel guilty of we don't. This works for us. Everyone is different.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Nice zombie bump

Mine is in the laundry room. Our upstairs bathroom is carpeted, the downstairs one is too small, and our kitchen is open to the main room and has too many windows.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If it helps you to put it i the kitchen or living room, by all means do so!
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I read this question in someone's profile and it got me asking the same thing.

Why not the kitchen - where it might be an effective deterrent as one grabs for the Doritos and cookies?
    Why not the living room - where game consoles, computers and TV sets invite bum-iness? Isn't placing the scale in the same area as the couch potato equal opportunity?

A carpenter doesn't hide his tape-measure. Why do dieters hide the scale?

Hey. That's a good idea! In the Kitchen. Required to stand on in order to open the fridge.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Antof9 wrote: »
    What she said! Plus, I don't want extra junk in the kitchen :)

you have junk? :)