29, 50 lbs to lose, similar!?

Options
Would love to find another weight loss buddy man or woman who is in a similar weight loss situation as I am. I am 5'5 and have 50-60 lbs to lose to be at a healthy weight, and a weight I think I will be comfortable at. Please feel free to message me if interested :)

Replies

• Blackhat98
    Blackhat98 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 28 and also looking to lose 40-50 pounds. This is the goal I want to reach first and if I feel I need to lose more I will set another goal. I love to for us to motivate each other to meet our goals. I need someone to hold me accountable also.:happy:
  • chelleperk24
    chelleperk24 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! What area are you from?! What are you using for exercise at this time! Execerise is much easier for me than watching what I eat, I LOVE food! :)
  • luckygirl134
    luckygirl134 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 and have about 30-35 lbs to lose to be where I want to be. I could definitely use someone to help keep me motivated and vice versa!
  • chelleperk24
    Options
    Definitely, feel free to add me if you would like to chat some more!
  • Cutemisscoco
    Options
    I am also 5'5, 31, and have nearly 40 lbs to get to my ultimate goal weight, and 20 to get to where I feel like I'd feel comfortable.
  • happyerwriter01
    Options
    I'm 42 and petite and need to lose 50 pounds to get back down to my normal weight. I'm considered obese for my height which is 5 ft 2, at 170 pounds. And I just joined myfitnesspal and am glad I found this community forum to share my story with others who are also in my situation.

I'm trying to walk 2.5 miles at least 3 times a week but it's difficult because sometimes I get delayed exercise induced asthma hours after my walk. I've visited several doctors, none of whom have an answer. They just tell me it's because I'm overweight which seems like a convenient answer.

Anyway, my goal is to try to lose 30 pounds by January 2013. I don't know if that's realistic but it's still a goal I have set for myself.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I'm 29, and have dropped 95 lbs in the last year and a half. Tomorrow, I get on the scale for the first time in a month to find out if I have made it to triple digit loss. I'm finally at a healthy weight for the first time ever, and am looking to reduce body fat to the athletic range. The theory behind this site definitely works. Healthy food and a healthy calorie deficit will take the weight off. Good luck with your loss.
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am 27 and 5'9". I currently am around 220lbs which is the heaviest I have EVER been... my ultimate goal weight is between 165-175lbs. Feel free to add me! We can do this :)
  • pandabagpuss
    pandabagpuss Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 24 with about 50lbs left to lose, so I'm in. I need all the support I can get! :-P Feel free to add me. x
  • RockChickSarah
    Options
    29 here with around another 55 to go... love supportive friends.. i log daily, so feel free to add me for support
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have already lost 60lbs and I have 40lbs left to goal. I've been stuck at the same weight for a looooong time now and I'm determined now to get to goal by the end of the year
  • chelleperk24
    Options
    Awesome everyone.. I have added everyone who responded, I think :) If not go ahead and send a request. Those of you who have already lost weight, that is awesome. I hope I can do the same!
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, 5'7" and I have lost 53lbs so far this year. I started out slow just adding in light cardio and eating about 1200-1300 cals a day (I was doing 30-45 minutes of Just Dance on my Wii each day), then in March I started and completed 30 day shred (upped my calories to 1400 per day), then in April I started Insanity (ate AT LEAST 1400 cals per day, most days 1500-1800) and just finished it last Thursday. It hasn't been easy but it hasn't been that hard either. I have cheat days/weekends often but I try my hardest to moderate everything and stick to hit hard during the week. Eat less move more has really been the best combination for me. You can do it if I can!!