Sabotage

Options
2»

Replies

• dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I have never been the target of ACTUAL sabotage, but it sure does feel that way when you're thinking... Boy, I could really use a pastry, glad there aren't any goodies within arm's reach! And then a coworker yells from down the hall "hey, guess who just stopped by the bakery!" At that point I decide whether I can fit half a crumb cake into my daily goal or brace myself to avoid the white box next time I run to the break room for water. The more I don't eat pastries, the better I get at not eating pastries, so my generous coworkers are doing me a favor, really.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Sabotage
    tumblr_lximi8zjaf1qzulaco1_500.gif

This is all I think of when I hear Sabotage.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    McB:

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif?1363040789
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSL8JZZaw4Eg7KdIofS51JvAPo2gm2GsKf2RqoSr23RGhp44Gc

It isn't gay if it's...
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    realise

why does every one keep spelling this wrong? Grrrr

ignorance is bliss.

Realise vs. realize
    Realise and realize are different spellings of the same word, and both are used to varying degrees throughout the English-speaking world. Realize is the preferred spelling in American and Canadian English, and realise is preferred outside North America. The spelling distinction extends to all derivatives of the verb, including realised/realized, realising/realizing, and realisation/realization.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    realise

Way to sabotage the thread.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    realise

FFS
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Because as long as people claim people are sabotaging them then they don't have to take responsibility for the *kitten* they eat
  • LeakieChan
    LeakieChan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    my sister will wave yummy smelling pizza and snacks under my face while i'm sipping on my nonfat yogurt smoothie, but I feel like it just reinforces my stubbornness to stick through it. I did have another "friend" tell me not to diet at all because I over did it last time... which last time I didn't go under 170lbs... so I really don't understand the logic.

For the most part, my friends are very supporting of my diet and they will ask me what time i'm showing up so they can try to have their pizza or buffalo wild wings food finished so I don't have to look at or smell the delicious stuff. My mother is all about me losing weight and has even went as far as to buy me healthy food from the store and the option to use her workout equipment.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    When I see these posts I get a bit confused. Do people genuinely believe that other people (mostly people who reportedly love them) want them to be/remain fat?

I have only seen such ideas in two other places. Chubby chaser forums and ED group therapy...

IMHO if someone loves or cares for you they want you to succeed. If they offer food, they are probably not thinking about it or are just being nice.

If it is someone who doesn't care about you, they probably don't realise what they are doing is tempting you and you shouldn't really care about what these people think.

At the end of the day it boils down to it being about you and what you want and if you find other people to support you, that is great. If not, you have to find the strength and motivation to do it yourself.

/rant

Can I offer you some fat sausage? :devil: