Where are the 40 somethings?

Options

Replies

• seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 last weekend. Proud husband and father (son is 4 years old). I try to stay active, and I'm feeling good about my current weight and want to stay there. I'm all about wanting to help and encourage others. Feel free to add me!
  • lovetorunz
    Options
    43 with 3 kids (18, 12, and 10). Welcome to MFP!
  • KeisterButton
    Options
    I'm 45, with an 11-year-old. Feel free to add me!
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    ::Waving:: Hiya!

I'm also in my 40's. I'm 41 to be exact. I have 3 children, ages 14, 11, and 10. I work full time in a hospital and run my butt off! ((don't I wish that REALLY happened?))

Feel free to add me! :)
  • angelatjones16
    Options
    43 with 2 sons, add me we can walk this journey together.
  • MissBernie73
    MissBernie73 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    40 with two daughters 18 and 14. I'm in Melbourne.
  • hornehm2
    hornehm2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    OH thats me... I am 40 something... I have two in college and one left at home... even though its summer and the oldest boy came come and he and his other 20 year old friends are always hungry and I am always cooking... I use to be a body builder at their age and now I have 70 lbs to loose. It is amazing how life can change. I weigh now more than I did during my pregnacy's.

I am a team leader for the summer slim down challange and if you are not on this catch the next group in Sept. it is great and we all encourage each other to loose weight. Feel free to add me... I log on every day and always giving my two cents either in humor or encouragment. I am also one of those that know it all about weight loss and getting fit.. (owned a cheer gym) but kept putting those carbs in my mouth..
  • amandapanda007
    Options
    feel free to add me. I'm 55 and have one adult daughter of 26 years old. Widowed.
  • felicia_s
    felicia_s Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi! :) I am 43. I have 3 sons ages 21, almost 18, and almost 16. I am trying to lose about 15 pounds. MFP really helps when I'm using it lol.
  • ctevenson51
    ctevenson51 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 42 with three kids, one out of college and two (9 and 12). I've been on MFP for 21 days and have about 45+ pounds to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • bucksterboo
    bucksterboo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request. I am 47 years old and have 2 daughters (22& 20). Have lost over 50 pounds all together in the past 15 months, joined MFP in March and have lost 21 since then. I hope to lose at least 15 more pounds. I love to comment on status and share tips and support.

Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • jerrybrittain
    jerrybrittain Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am also 43 with 5 kids. I got tired of getting out of breath walking up the stairs so I started running. Now that exercise and running has became a big part of my life I find myself without a lot in common with my friends and would like to find a new circle of friends. Feel free to add me.
  • tiger4nikki
    tiger4nikki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am going to add you. I am 44, 2 grown girls, and a grandson. I am trying to drop 38 lbs. Dropped about 9 so far. :-)
  • tiger4nikki
    tiger4nikki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Oh, and anyone else on here that wants to add me, go ahead! We all need some encouragement and support. :-)
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I am 41 with 2 daughters. I joined last year and never signed in again until a week ago.

From the looks of this post, you have many rooting for you and willing to aide you.
  • mmfmom
    mmfmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! 42 here with a 2 year old! I also have three step children (26, 25 & 25) Married for 10 years to my best friend. We were empty nesters for a few years and then God blessed us with our sweet daughter after being told I could never have children! Thank you Lord! Life certainly has changed....along with my weight! phew. I lost 45 pounds before starting MFP and looking forward to the loss of the next 40. I follow a low carb diet, learning about clean eating and living while being a stay at home mom that loves gardening, photography and crafts.

Feel free to add me. I just joined about 5 days ago. Anyone else too...could use the friends and support! ;)
  • dmspenc
    dmspenc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 40. I have two boys- 18 and 4. Feel free to add me.
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 43 and current SAHM to 2 boys aged 15 & 12 and 2 girls aged 10 & 5. I've been eating clean, doing cardio 5 days a week and a weight circuit at my local gym. I also use advocare products to help me along (no that's not a sales pitch, just a fact). I'm down 41lbs with 70ish more pounds to go. This is my crossroads and I plan on succeeding this go around no holds barred! Excess weight has been a chronic companion of mine since a child. Now that I'm 40ish its much harder to take off but its going...just slowly!
  • ShaneMac4u
    ShaneMac4u Posts: 15
    Options
    I am 40 and I feel it. My pic is a bit outdated. I joined this site in hopes that it will help me make favorable changes with my diet, learn from others on here, and make some new friends along the way.
  • imafitmom
    imafitmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi there.... 41 y/o mom of two darling boys (2 & 8). I have 50 lbs to shed. I just started running..... running!! <
    still can't believe that one! Would love to have some pals on MFP. Add me if you like. :smile: