Hobbies

2»

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    I love to make quilts in my free time......I have not had a lot of free time lately!
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    I took cake decorating last year, and have made a couple for profit, but mostly for family/friends' bdays. I also love to read, cook, and travel. My most recent trip was in May, to Egypt. I've been to Paris, London a couple times, several states including Alaska and Hawaii (I live in NJ), Canada a couple times, Mexico, Russia, and spent a semester in Australia.

That's awesome! My dream trip is to go on a tour of the Holy Land and also to see the ruins in Egypt and Jordan. That trip must have been amazing!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    My faves are painting, writing, reading, gardening and I am also a bee guardian. (Beekeeper that houses bees in a more natural way than traditional hives). It's very interesting, and a lot of work, so it keeps me busy..
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    That sounds scary! How many times have you been stung??
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    My faves are painting, writing, reading, gardening and I am also a bee guardian. (Beekeeper that houses bees in a more natural way than traditional hives). It's very interesting, and a lot of work, so it keeps me busy..

That sounds fascinating! That would be something I would be interested in learning more about.
  • my hobbies are playing guitar, playing piano, and running =D
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    That sounds scary! How many times have you been stung??

Not many, you have to know when to bother them, and when to leave them alone! When they are in a natural bee hive, they are a lot more docile also, so they are less likely to feel threatened when you extract honey...once you learn your hive, and the temperament of the bee's you have, you are less likely to be stung...:tongue:
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    I took cake decorating last year, and have made a couple for profit, but mostly for family/friends' bdays. I also love to read, cook, and travel. My most recent trip was in May, to Egypt. I've been to Paris, London a couple times, several states including Alaska and Hawaii (I live in NJ), Canada a couple times, Mexico, Russia, and spent a semester in Australia.

That's awesome! My dream trip is to go on a tour of the Holy Land and also to see the ruins in Egypt and Jordan. That trip must have been amazing!

Yes it was! Egypt has always been in my top 3 places to see before I die, and to finally be there, at the Sphinx and pyramids was surreal! However, when you turn around in the opposite direction, there's a KFC/Pizza Hut across the street, which was.... Yeah I have no words for that :noway:
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    LoL
    The old meeting the new! :laugh:

I'd like to go to Israel too some day. Egypt sounds fun too! Those would be a blast for a culture and history junkie like me! :love:
  • I have a lot of hobbies, but I seem to rarely indulge in them. I like photography, but I'm not good at it. I used to have a fast car that I took down the track, but I sold it to buy another fast car, then, a few months ago I sold that one too. I like astronomy, but that is hard on my back these days.(That requires a lot of standing) Astronomy is expensive.....just the telescope cost $4000, not to mention all of the accessories.(another $4000).

I am a ham operator, but I haven't been active lately. I enjoy restoring old pictures by scanning them into my computer, working on them in Photoshop, and either printing out the restored picture or sending it to an online printing service like Kodak.

I used to be a gym rat....I worked out 7 days a week and I was in great shape....till my body fell apart from the exercise.(the human body isn't designed to exercise. I wish I would have figured that out before I got into exercising.)
This discussion has been closed.