How many pounds lost means a smaller dress size?

Options
Is it possible to project what size I will be in 12 weeks time, if I lose 1 - 2 lbs a week? I'd like to buy something in a smaller size to use as motivation - but would it just be a waste of money? Any advice welcome. Thank you:smile:

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    No, there's not. Everyone loses weight differently. It took me about 15-20 lbs to notice a difference and really get a change in how my clothes fit... I lost in my upper body (boobs, stomach, and waist) first and now finally I'm losing from my thighs and hips. What you gain first, you lose first, and vice versa. My thighs always get bigger FIRST so that's why they're last.

You don't always lose weight proportionately because of this so you may be smaller on top than bottom or vice versa before you even out and are the same size (if you're hourglass or curvy).
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    In my opinion I think you should wait and actually try on the dress after the weight is lost. My thinking is that everyone has a different body type and loses weight faster/slower in different areas. There really is no way to determine what size YOUR body will be and what dress will actually fit just right unless you wait and see your results and try on the dress. Just an opinion. :)
  • Kazren
    Kazren Posts: 88
    Options
    try putting money away set an amount for example every 1lb you loose put £1 in a jar then when you loose weight you wil have a pot to go shopping with!
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have heard every 10 pounds or so is a size. That being said I am with the others I would wait to buy. I will be even better when you can just go buy a dress to wear right away. I have a dress I used to fit in quite a while back and am determined to get back into. It was my favorite. Keep working at it. It will all be worth it in the end.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Your going to lose in different places so no telling what size dress you are going to be in. I'm in a wedding in October that I bought a dress for a month ago. I bought one that barley zipped that way I could take it out if necessary and have to take it in if I had to. A risk I was willing to take. I think rule of thumb though they say about 10 pounds per dress size. But that hasn't been true for me.
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    For me, it is 10 lbs weight loss = 2" waist line = 1 pant size (woman's sizes being even: 0, 2, 4, 6, etc.)

But that is because my weight loss is more towards my waist line. But I agree with the above comments and it varies per woman as everyone losses weight in different areas of their bodies.
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    No, there's not. Everyone loses weight differently. It took me about 15-20 lbs to notice a difference and really get a change in how my clothes fit... I lost in my upper body (boobs, stomach, and waist) first and now finally I'm losing from my thighs and hips. What you gain first, you lose first, and vice versa. My thighs always get bigger FIRST so that's why they're last.

You don't always lose weight proportionately because of this so you may be smaller on top than bottom or vice versa before you even out and are the same size (if you're hourglass or curvy).

*side note* i can't wait to lose my b00bs! funny how that's one thing i am looking forward to most! cute little shirts. :)
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body is different. At weight watchers they say every 10 ibs is a size but if your a 16 than it will be a 15 etc....... Just to gage, that may help! Not Science! :laugh:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options

*side note* i can't wait to lose my b00bs! funny how that's one thing i am looking forward to most! cute little shirts. :)

Oh, for sure. The day I tried on a MEDIUM and fit into it, I was ecstatic. No more L for me!
  • Maggie1960
    Maggie1960 Posts: 322
    Options
    try putting money away set an amount for example every 1lb you loose put £1 in a jar then when you loose weight you wil have a pot to go shopping with!

Now that's a plan!!! I shall do that - hopefully on Monday, which will be my first weigh-in, I'll be able to start my savings pot for my new dress in 12 weeks.