eat right for your type

Options
2»

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I've never followed the blood group diet. Don't know too much about it. However I did notice a few years ago, that my body needs proteins more so than carbs for a better working digestion and so on.

I'm O and this diet says they belonged to the hunters. A were gatherers, so it kind of makes sense, that some people need one more than the other. The different blood types originated in different populations, living different types of lives.

But that's very generalized. I can imagine differences in populations though, as they still exist - Africans often can't digest milk and I think Asians as well as many indigenous populations have problems digesting alcohol.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    my type is big hairy bearded men with big muscles. Kind of like this.

henry-cavill-superman-set.jpg
    ill have what shes having..
  • tweetyjf
    tweetyjf Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    funny what one topic starts.
    if you go on amazon.com you see a lot of reviews of people who
    benifited from the eat right for your type plan.

I want to try it for health reasons and if it helps i only know when i try it myself

i keep you posted.

and on the blond topic : try bleach:laugh:
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    funny what one topic starts.
    if you go on amazon.com you see a lot of reviews of people who
    benifited from the eat right for your type plan.

I want to try it for health reasons and if it helps i only know when i try it myself

i keep you posted.

and on the blond topic : try bleach:laugh:

I knew a guy that tried bleach. He lost 5 pounds from the tissue loss and intestinal removal alone!

True story.

ETA: You changed it! It just said 'try bleach'. Now I sound silly. :)
  • mistyblu13
    mistyblu13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Hello.....
    Yup that's about right! Yowsa baby!!
  • beeble124
    beeble124 Posts: 1
    Options
    per Dr. Oz, it is a combination of amount of protein, carbohydrates, and fats. I'm going to try it.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Personally I think you should try whatever you want as long as you're being healthy and reasonable. I'm currently trying the blood type diet because it makes sense for me. My goal is to follow it for 30 days and then see how I feel. If I feel better then I'll continue. If I don't see any improvement in my energy or weight loss then I'll stop. The only way to know what will work for you is to commit to trying it for 30 days and then see what happens.

Every individual is different. For some people, simply eating less calories isn't enough because their body may metabolize things differently. I get the eat less than you burn mentality but if you have celiac or some other disorder where you can't metabolize certain foods, it doesn't matter how little you eat. If you're eating those foods, you still won't lose. Sometimes the only way to find out is to change up what you're eating and see if there's a difference.
  • bzign
    bzign Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ignoring the "You are a Type whatever" It makes sense that different foods interact with different people and some people have a happy place with more plant based diet and some feel better on a meat based diet.
    It is a starting point I guess of trying to figure out what foods may cause inflammation in the body, if you have a low level allergic type reaction (not allergic but an immune response) then you are more likely to retain water at this point.

Bottom line though is that he pretty much says clean eating so just avoid processed and eat fresh foods as much as possible, its another person saying eat clean, the reason so many people have good results is that they change from a high processed diet possibly full of too many grains so of course they are going to lose a bunch when they suddenly eat properly.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    per Dr. Oz, it is a combination of amount of protein, carbohydrates, and fats. I'm going to try it.

Cuz Dr Oz is definitely the advice you always want to follow, NOT!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Cuz Dr Oz is definitely the advice you always want to follow, NOT!

Agreed. Dr Oz touts what he can sell with little or no regard to what is healthy or what will actually work.
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't know about blood type, but my body DEFINITELY responds better to lower carb, higher protein/good fats (read: avocados and almonds, not bacon and steak). I'm predisposed to diabetes genetically, so that's what I was told to do. After two or so years of struggling with digestion and stuff (after my 40th b-day... natch) I paid attention. I can cut back by carbs to under 75 a day, and up my protein and see results instantly. If I just stay under my macros and included grains and pasta, the digestion problems come back, and I retain water and feel pretty crappy. I'm O positive, so maybe I'm a hunter. w00t! :drinker:

As far as Henry Cavill goes. I'll have him with a side of Hugh Jackman and Liam Neeson for dessert please. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options

Hello.....
    :smokin: