Options
Tamishumate
Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
Net carbs, or actual ?

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Not to seem stupid (cause I used to know the answer) but what's the difference?:embarassed:
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    Not to seem stupid (cause I used to know the answer) but what's the difference?:embarassed:

Net carbs is the carbs minus the fiber
  • Tamishumate
    Options

Net carbs is the carbs minus the fiber

Also - the sugar alcohol. If I am not mistaken.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I've been counting actual. I would LOVE to count net carbs but it feels like cheating... any thoughts?
  • king6083
    king6083 Posts: 30
    Options
    Net carbs as said above are carbs minus fiber. Fiber slows the rate of digestion thereby lowering the blood sugar spike. Fiber does not offset the calories in a carbohydrate. Count all your carbs for the best results.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I used to count net carbs................just because it allowed me to eat more.

After being on Atkins and Primal Blue Print for some time, net carbs got me in trouble with over eating............even fruits and veggies.

So now, I count actual carbs.
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    I used to count net carbs................just because it allowed me to eat more.

After being on Atkins and Primal Blue Print for some time, net carbs got me in trouble with over eating............even fruits and veggies.

Can u tell me how many your eating ?
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

Can u tell me how many your eating ?

Well, right now I am doing the HCG plan to get my hormones straightened out............

Usually I eat about 35-40 on average. And believe me, it is a lot of food!!!