5 things your mfp pals don't know about you

Options

Replies

• debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    1. I used to do website creation and taught myself the syntax for several programming languages.
    2. I am afraid of centipedes.
    3. I tend to be very frugal despite making decent money. For some reason it makes some people believe that I am poor.
    I once got bitten by a giant red centipede, I share that, but you're so frugal you only put 3 things down on a 5 list post, love it!
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    1. I'm the youngest of 6 children (5 still living)
    2. I've never smoked or tried drugs (and I mean - never) but offer me a glass of wine or some chocolate and you'll have a friend for life
    3. I'm a keen swimmer & quite a strong one but only in endurance not speed
    4. I'm an avid fan of Big Bang Theory - I watch it every day (it goes out daily here in the UK)
    5. I hate any form of exercise that makes me hot & sweaty (hence the swimming)
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    1. I know how to and have (countless times) milked cows in a stanchion style barn.
    2. I was valedictorian of high school class.
    3. I can play the piano well (took 11 years of lessons)
    4. I love my feet
    5. I'm allergic to yellow dye.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    1. I have broken both of my arms, in separate occurrences.
    2. I have a lilfe-sized MJ cardboard cutout in my office. (Procured from an 80's party.)
    3. I won Silver in our office Olympics last year.
    4. Clowns are so terrifying to me (in person), that I will actually hyperventilate.
    5. I really do dance like nobody is watching, even when they are. :)
  • kdsp2911
    kdsp2911 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    1. I was into a lot bad things and in a very dark place, then in 2007 I was saved by the grace of Jesus and set free.
    2. I've had more than 13 piercings, and now all I have pierced are my ear lobs and cartilage.
    3. I technically have 7 tattoos, but one is a cover up. I got my first tattoo for my 13th birthday!
    4. My favorite color is dark purple/wine.
    5. My feet are huge and I have a hard time finding shoes my size!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    1. I am ambidextrous

2. I have 8 sisters and 2 brothers

3. My biological father is homeless, and lives in the same city as me

4. I had an imaginary friend until I was 11

5. I can fit 44 marshmallows In my mouth.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    1. I had my first boyfriend when I was 4. His name was Jonathan, and we went to daycare together. One day, we were playing in the dirt on the playground, and I told him he was my boyfriend, and he said "Okay." I wish it were still that easy.

2. When we were 5 years old, I told my twin sister that when she was born, we had her fingers cut off and frozen, and they were reattached later. She believed me for years.

3. When I was 10, I asked for office supplies for Christmas, and I'm pretty sure that was the beginning of my career in finance/accounting.

4. On my first ever fishing trip (I was probably 5 or 6), I caught three sun perch, and I was ecstatic. My dad took pictures, and then I fell in the lake.

5. I don't know if this is actually true (you know how parents tend to embellish things), but my dad swears I started reading the newspaper at the age of 4. He says I would read it out loud to him while we were driving around in his truck. Figures that most of my parents' "bragging" stories involve me doing something completely nerdy.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    1. I'm 45 and have never been married
    2. I have been engaged twice and both times I called it off
    3 .I know sign language
    4. My stepsister was recently busted for running a 3 million dollar pot operation.
    5. It took me 8 years to get my 4 year bachelor's degree
  • Mythril
    Mythril Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    1. I used to think that I could handle any kind of pain. Then I had gall stones and gall attacks for 2 years and then had my gall bladder removed. Now I'm afraid of pain because of the hospital bills that can come with it.
    2. I love Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy 3 for the SNES (6 nowadays) was the reason I learned to read, because I would watch my brother play and sometimes he didn't feel like reading to me.
    3. I had a genius I.Q. beginning in preschool. I found out b/c I went to a psychiatrist for depression and he told my mother I was depressed because everyone my age was stupid. He suggested they let me skip ahead. She said no, she wanted me to stay with my own age group. I don't regret it, I met my husband in school. I'm above average now, but not a genius. My brain just developed early.
    4. I love a lot of things I could get made fun of for, but I'm okay with it. Sailor Moon, various boy bands, etc...
    5. I love purple. And I'm very picky, because I hate pink. I draw a fine line between purple and pink, and it REALLY irritates me when someone calls a pinky color purple. And I love various colors of purple.
  • Kymberlee80
    Kymberlee80 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1) I have no children
    2) I hate strawberries and popcorn
    3) kymberlee is my middle name NOT my first name
    4) I want to move to Las Vegas
    5) I have 6 tattoos
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    1) I can't burp
    2) My dad lived on Alcatraz as a kid in the 60s
    3) I've been to New Zealand (I live in the US)
    4) I can touch my tongue to my nose
    5) I want to live in a log cabin in the mountains
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    1. I am obsessed with serial killers
    2. As a child I would go to the library with my dad every Saturday and would check out a minimum of 5 books and read all of them by the following Saturday.
    3. I took violin and piano lessons for 10 years
    4. I am a diehard Democrat and proud of it
    5. I am maxed out on taking the driving class to reduce points for speeding (5 times is the lifetime limit in my state)
  • grandmama1945
    grandmama1945 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am a Christian.
    I have 6 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren.
    I hate liver.
    I love hamburgers.
    I am happy to say I am married to a wonderful MAN.
    I am 68 years old and still work 3 days a week.
  • 123tryingtobefree
    Options
    1. I adore cars and drifting
    2. I am a belly dancer since 2 years old with a break when my weight was overload XD)
    3. I watch CSI, NCIS and everything that involves solving crime cases
    4. I am in love with blue roses
    5. I grow my hair so they will reach till my waist line one day
  • 123tryingtobefree
    Options
    1. I adore cars and drifting
    2. I am a belly dancer since 2 years old with a break when my weight was overload XD)
    3. I watch CSI, NCIS and everything that involves solving crime cases
    4. I am in love with blue roses
    5. I grow my hair so they will reach till my waist line one day
  • BananaFaceFace
    BananaFaceFace Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    1. My favourite band is The Backstreet Boys
    2. I have no middle name
    3. I have been addicted to Diet Coke since I was 5
    4. I have had over 20 cats in my lifetime so far
    5. I have a double jointed shoulder
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    1) As a child, I trained in Music (vocals and piano) and Dance at the San Francisco Conservatory and have performed at the Palace of Fine Arts. At 15, my mom fought with me for three days to keep me from following Madonna and dumping off in Times Square to pursue Broadway. She convinced me to use my brains first so I could take care of myself and then pursue music... that was her greatest gift to me, even though I hated her for it. I've been in IT for 22 years and am very successful.

2) I'm still absolutely obsessed with music, having been to more live shows than I can count. I literally listen to everything - my library is so eclectic, it's hilarious. But my first love will always be industrial. I go to 15-20 concerts a year, and every year I have been in Colorado, I've been to a show at Red Rocks. At least I can afford my habit and to support my favorite artists.

3) I've been diagnosed by 'experts' twice with Marfan Syndrome, but don't have any of the heart complications. Yet.

4) I have asthma thanks to walking home from school during Mt. St. Helen's erupting.

5) I'm a survivor of so much, I still wonder why I'm here. :D
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    1. I'm left-handed.
    2. I carry a gun in my purse.
    3, I will not watch horror movies of any kind.
    4. My first, middle, and maiden names all have four letters each.
    5. I am a certified teacher and I home school my kiddos.
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    1. In love with fast cars, particularly older model muscle cars. (Drag Racing) :heart
    2. I enjoy non fiction books (Mystery & Romance)
    3. Always look forward to great times w/ family & friends, but enjoy my alone time just as much.
    4. Would prefer to always have my toes in the water, my *kitten* in the sand, & a good beer in my hand!
    5. I'm simple, don't hold grudges, and believes life is too short for all that non sense.
  • BSdevon
    BSdevon Posts: 77
    Options
    1. See the Best in Others
    2. Love Oreo Milkshake
    3. I had the chance to speak with Greg Plitt & also leave a short message about his website gregplitt.com (which hopefully he will use *wishful thinking)
    4. I had a massive crush on my English teacher back in Secondary/High School.
    5. I like Korean Thriller/Horror