From "pear" to "hourglass" with HEAVY-LIFTING for Women!

Options

Replies

• 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I love your arms!! You look amazing!!!
  • oOLorieFolkOo
    Options
    You look great!
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Beeps, you have been one of the major inspirations for me to take up lifting. When I first saw you on the NROL4W group and saw your pics you are a big part of what made me believe in it. I have a huge respect for you and your achievements and though 'you' may not be 100% happy with your lower body NEVER sell yourself short on what you have accomplished in the last 18mths, personally I think you look fan-bloody-tastic!!!
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. A real inspirational post for me this morning as I'm similar in age, height and original body shape. I'm just nearing the end of NROL4W stage 1 and its exciting to see what is possible to achieve. I haven't lost size yet but the jiggle is less jiggly.
  • Kurls4Daze
    Kurls4Daze Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    LOOKING GREAT!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Great work Beeps. You are so motivated and very inspiring. Bravo!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    What a FANTASTIC example you set beeps for all the women who feel like they aren't getting anywhere. So often we see threads of ridiculously awesome progress...over 3 months. The expectations they set are that you make some changes then BAM your body just changes. But here you are, dealing with kids, a high powered job, etc. showing that over time you can really change your body in a realistic and doable way. I know you have struggled to see changes in the short term but I am so proud that you have kept with it and seen great (and sustainable) changes in the long term.

I think you look amazing and I look up to you! I really hope a lot of women see this and aspire to be just like Beeps! Working hard, living life and getting better everyday!
  • 4my2jays
    4my2jays Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Congrats
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    ...Also, I'll put in a plug for Bret C's ("the Glute Guy") new book, "Strong Curves" - I incorporated BB weighted hip thrusts and BB weighted glute bridges into my routine in the last 8 weeks and THAT ADDITION to my routine, alone, made my hips/butt come down 1", I believe!

I do this one. And I also do New Rules of Lifting for Life.

I also understand what you mean about being hourglass and/or working towards it. My shoulders are the same measurement as my hips. I have a very small waist: 23 inches. And my booty is just a couple inches bigger than my bust. I am small, but have a curvy figure with a 10+ inch waist to hip ratio. And my rib cage is very small (26 inches). I tend to think I am pear, but most people disagree on that with me. I don't think the labels really matter. We are what we are by looking at us (whatever it gets labeled). And either way, you should embrace your beautiful body and be proud of your fitness. I think the labels are misleading because there are so many different ways it can look. Pear for example does not look the same way for every women. It's just based on measurements and not body composition. I think pear shaped is a beautiful shape, and usually looks nothing like an actual pear.

I'm not into the idea that one shape looks better than another. I think we all look best when we're fit and healthy. So if becoming more fit makes one person's body look more like an hourglass and less like a pear, or vice versa, both are beautiful. Everyone looks better with exercise and eating right.

I have to get really skinny, too skinny, to have hips that are smaller than 36 inches, which is also the circumference of my shoulders. For me, pear is the ideal shape, because that's what shape I have at my healthiest weight.
  • dolphinie13
    dolphinie13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    And check out your cute butt!! WTG on your success!!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Beeps, my friend...you are the definition of patience, determination, perserverance, hard work and dedication!! I am so proud of you and your amazing transformation!!! Congrats, hon!! You truly are inspiring!! XO!!!
  • nikkim19781
    nikkim19781 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! You look awesome!!! I'm getting my butt in the gym tonight!!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Beeps! You look fantastic! I know how truly dedicated you are to health and fitness and it is certainly evident in your progress. Your arms and back are a thing of beauty for sure!
  • chantelle0312
    chantelle0312 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    wow you do look amazing wow really even though you say you have zero breasts if it does bother you maybe look into natural breast enhancement its natural and works.
    i was a pear shape for a while(my breasts didnt come back after being underweight for a long time but i gained them back with pueraria mirifica i was 34in start after 43in so biiig gain to breasts(stopped for 6months and lost weight without loosing my breasts) without weight gain anywhere else my weight has allways yoyoed is possible without surgery if your really looking for a hourglass shape i used the breastnexus forum alot for their advice
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Rock Star status, for sure!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    To all my mfp friends who checked out this thread - let me say how much YOU inspire ME everyday! I come here to chat, to exchange ideas, to feel motivated - all because of the "online friends" I have made through mfp.

I *do* love fitness and am always energized when I show up here and see what y'all are up to.

HAPPY CANADA DAY - to all my Canadian friends - it's a holiday, for me, and I'm going to sit on my deck, with a corona and a lime - and toast to ALL OF YOU!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Everything you post has been inspirational for me. Your attitude and perserverance has paid off. Love that you are in this for the long haul and that you clearly state your intentions and then do what you need to do to achieve your goals and yet allow for your humaness.. It's all paid off. You are beautiful!

Rockstar!!.
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I can't actually see your pictures from this computer, but wanted to congratulate you on your sucess! I also wanted to selfishly save this post to my page so I can come back later and look at your pics and get some inspiration. I am also pear shaped and feel like my upper half will almost disappear before I notice any change in my lower half. I have started doing some weights to build up my upper half and to strengthen my lower half and have had some results, but hopefully you will be my inspiration to really get serious and start an actual program! :)
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    You look fabulous!!

I'm glad you are not at my gym working out with me. I'd be too distracted admiring your back/shoulders/arms. Those are absolutely gorgeous. However, the biggest difference is in your hips. You have a fantastic athletic body now. Good work!

^This!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!