30 Day Squat Challenge, July 2013

Options
nvpixie
nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
I've decided to do the 30 day squat challenge in July. I actually did my first 50 yesterday, but I'm going to take and post pics today and consider today Day 1.

Is anyone else doing this challenge in July?

Here's a link to the challenge I'm doing:
http://livestronglivelean.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/30-DAY-SQUAT-CHALLENGE.pdf

Replies

• challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'll be happen to join with you..will start tonight :)
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    bump. Guess I will now.
  • msnikki02
    msnikki02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Joining!! :):)
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I am travelling all the month of July (away from our gym and pool!) and am terrified of falling off the wagon. So I guess I will be doing the 30 day squat challenge from the 6th of July. Super nervous but hoping that I stick with it!
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm in it with you!!! Thanks for sharing and also challenging!!
  • k13694
    k13694 Posts: 11
    Options
    Count me in!
  • joy492
    joy492 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is going to be a difficult one! I will give it a shot . . .250 squats at the end of 30 days?? Not even sure if I can do one Squat. :smile:

Good Luck everyone!
  • nvpixie
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad to have some people on board to encourage me to keep going.

I'm doing the squats in sets of 25. I'm not starting out with any weights.

I have a body pic on my profile page as my "Day 1" picture. My goals are to lessen the flatness of my butt and increase the muscle tone in my legs.

Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,996 Member
    Options
    Im in sounds like a great challenge
  • Evoken
    Evoken Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Today is Legs day so i have to do squats with weights and lunges. but i will do this challenge in addition to my weight training.. great challenge.. thanks.. Count me in
  • lulloa
    lulloa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Will start squat challenge today as well.
  • geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I joinedband did 50 at lunch. Ouch.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I want to give this a try. I'm out of shape, though. How much rest time do you do between sets?
  • m_george
    m_george Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just saw a friend post a calendar for this on fb. I am in!
  • kimclenard
    kimclenard Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just as an encouragement note to all you ladies. I completed my 30 day squat challenge this past Sunday. Started with 50 squats on day 1 and ended with 250 squats on day 30. Whew! But the encouraging note is that I see such a difference in my legs, butt and my stomach. Going to continue to maintain by doing a 100 squats in the morning and 100 squats at night. Go ladies! You can do this!!
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Sure why not!
  • AmyJo0
    AmyJo0 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in too. I started 30 day squat challenge last month and hurt my back and didnt finish. I am gonna finish it this month.
    Thanks for starting this for July!
  • biostat_lady
    biostat_lady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking of doing the challenge last night, so count me in. I hope I don't forget!
  • nvpixie
    Options
    Just as an encouragement note to all you ladies. I completed my 30 day squat challenge this past Sunday. Started with 50 squats on day 1 and ended with 250 squats on day 30. Whew! But the encouraging note is that I see such a difference in my legs, butt and my stomach. Going to continue to maintain by doing a 100 squats in the morning and 100 squats at night. Go ladies! You can do this!!

That's so awesome to hear. Just what I'm hoping. Did you do yours with weights or without?

Now, I have a question for all of you. When you did your squats for the first time (or first couple times), where did you feel it the most? For me, it's the top of my thighs.
  • harthron
    harthron Posts: 68
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge. Thanks