Struggling

Options
Feeling really frustrated today. Got back from a vacation of no exercising, soda drinking, and all that jazz a little over a week ago. Started only drinkin water again and watching my meals. I had a dessert (nothing huge) here and there this past week and that's it. On top of that I ran 10 miles for the week which is pretty good considering I wasn't running at all before. Problem is....I didn't lose a pound....nothing. How does that even happen?? So frustrated. I don't understand why I didn't lose any weight....

Replies

• refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Some weeks weight loss doesn't happen for me either, or even 2 or 3 weeks. Your diet while away may have you retaining water and the scale also counts water weight. Don't worry about how much you weigh and keep going with your goals.
  • austi_t
    austi_t Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I know that's probably what it is but sometimes I need outside reinforcement!
  • bugtaylor
    bugtaylor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    the race doesn't go to the swift nor to the strong but to the one who endures!
    98777 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    1. The scales could very easily be off due to water retention and such, especially if you're female. For example, a few weeks ago, I got on the scale expecting to see 162, yet I saw 163. (I'm going for a pound a week weight loss.) However, I knew I'd been doing right, so I just ignored it and decided to check again next week. Next week the scale said 161. So I knew that last week I had been 162, there was just water retention or something.

2. One week of eating badly won't ruin you. Just make sure you mostly eat right....that eating RIGHT is your lifestyle rather than eating JUNK is your lifestyle.

3. Just keep going and doing right and I guarantee you will see weight loss as the weeks go by.
  • elawoman72
    elawoman72 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Toss the scale. Water retention. Keep going. This is a lifetime committment to maintain our health. Sounds like you had a great vacation! Life is wonderful, isn't it? :-)