Clean eating resorces

Options
I lost my baby weight using this site and now I'm back tracking what I eat because I'm having some health issues that can be made better by eating well. Plus it helps to keep a diary to find any foods that are making things better or worse.

Anyhow, what resources does everyone use for clean eating? My favorite site so far has been Pinterest. I've also found recipies and meal ideas in magazines like Oxygen. I feel like I'm running out of ideas though.

Thanks!

Replies

• kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    thegraciouspantry.com - hundreds of recipes, all clean eating, most low calorie. check it out. it's changed my life.
  • BklynEibhlin
    BklynEibhlin Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is great, but the Gracious Pantry and eatcleandiet's Kitchen Table forum are the ones I hit most often.
  • Amy_Andrews
    Amy_Andrews Posts: 106
    Options
    Cleaneatingmag.com
    Skinnytaste.com
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I can add eatcleandiet.com, theleangreenbean.com, eatingwell.com (not quite as clean, have to look), and vegetariantimes.com (more general, but veggie-centric, and sortable by dietary need) as well. The kitchen table at eat clean diet is probably the best :) if you're running out of ideas there, then you're probably an expert. Maybe time to start your own blog?
  • BklynEibhlin
    BklynEibhlin Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention - there's a clean eating group that you might want to check out. Lots of ideas and links there too: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/150-clean-eating-group
  • akarney
    akarney Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • bfitnbfab
    bfitnbfab Posts: 79
    Options
    bump
  • ShaneMac4u
    ShaneMac4u Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for the tip on gracious pantry. Been following UFC for a couple of years now I heard Joe Rogan say something about one fighter keeping his weight cut and mentioned the guy always boiled his chicken, if that's any help. I use a Foreman just out of sake of convenience.

Also, my doctor said something about "The China Diet"......logic being there are millions of rural Chinamen are slim with no diseases because they only eat what they grow, fruits and vegetables and stay active.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    thegraciouspantry.com - hundreds of recipes, all clean eating, most low calorie. check it out. it's changed my life.

^^ This 100%
  • climbamnt
    climbamnt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    There is also Emeals.com and if you pay for the service they give you planned out weekly menus.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Try the fiction or fantasy section of your local bookstore or library
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip on gracious pantry. Been following UFC for a couple of years now I heard Joe Rogan say something about one fighter keeping his weight cut and mentioned the guy always boiled his chicken, if that's any help. I use a Foreman just out of sake of convenience.

Also, my doctor said something about "The China Diet"......logic being there are millions of rural Chinamen are slim with no diseases because they only eat what they grow, fruits and vegetables and stay active.

Boiling the chicken is going to cook it without extra sodium or fat, but I don't know if it would taste good?

The China Study is pretty fascinating actually... watch Forks over Knives (it's on Canadian Netflix, so I imagine it's in other countries') for an overview. Basically, it's low-fat, whole plant-based eating. Animal protein is used for flavour only in small amounts in traditional Chinese culture. Only recently have large amounts of animal protein been introduced to urban centres in China, and the 'western' chronic diseases (heart disease, arthritis, cancer) are now more prevalent. Amazing stuff!
  • trialstyle
    trialstyle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump for later...
  • turboterie
    turboterie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the ideas. I can't wait to look through all of them!
    :flowerforyou:
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Eat Clean diet cookbooks by Tosca Reno you can find them at Barnes & Noble
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thank you for these ideas xx
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    1. cleaneatingmag.com
    2. cleaneatingonline.com
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    blogilates, the Cassey has some great ideas for food, although she's from the US you can find most of the ingredients in the UK if not substitutes (usually it's just a brand where you might have to go hunting to find something similar here (if that's where you are like me).