Who's Working Out Tonight? Everybody!

Options

Replies

• kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Running a couple miles then strength training! you know it!
  • gingercreosote
    Options
    i did 1/2 an hour on the elliptical this morning and will be doing an hour of yoga after work. Can't wait!
  • elawoman72
    elawoman72 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    lifiting tonight! too many false-starts.

thanks for the encouragement!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm bored with my lifting routine and so are my muscles. Any favorites I could incorporate?

You should be doing an actual lifting program that is intelligently progressive. If you're just lifting the same weight, yes...that would be boring and your muscles would cease to have a training response to that stimuli and really, it's just a waste of time for the most part.

Do a progressive program where you're consistently overloading to gain strength and provide your muscles with something to respond to. Look at programs like New Rules of Lifting for Women, Starting Strength, Strong Lifts 5x5, etc. Those are all excellent beginner weight training programs.

Thanks! I'll look into it!

It also helps to shoot for Personal Records...my particular program has me doing PRs every three weeks or so...it's something to shoot for.

I also find that it really helps me stay motivated when I'm training for something. I'm more motivated to get out there and run my 5 miles because I know that I have a Goruck coming up where I'm going to have to move my *kitten* for about 20 miles...so I better get out there and push it. I know when I'm lifting and shooting for PRs, that's only going to help me on the obstacle course of my Tough Mudder, etc.

When I' just working out just because, it's hard to stay motivated and easy to slack. When you have an *kitten* kicking circled on the calendar, you suddenly become very motivated to train for said *kitten* kicking.
  • Amy4President
    Amy4President Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    lifiting tonight! too many false-starts.

thanks for the encouragement!

Get some!!
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Doing a JM workout on the Wii (my son and I try to beat each other, LOL) and then a walk if it doesn't rain again (maybe even if it DOES rain! ;) )
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    i am, 1st day doing insanity after work!!
  • Amy4President
    Options
    Doing a JM workout on the Wii (my son and I try to beat each other, LOL) and then a walk if it doesn't rain again (maybe even if it DOES rain! ;) )

I'm sure your bully dog would love a walk in the rain!
  • toshie333
    toshie333 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm
    Starting shred tonight after a quick 20 minute run. Prob b about 2 miles. Then level 1 day one!
  • maggiemay143
    Options
    I will be doing at least my 30 minutes of Zumba tonight after my husband gets home from work. I have to go buy a new WII Fit disk so that I can get back into using that as a part of my work outs
  • Peejer2001
    Peejer2001 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I go straight to gym from my office everyday. Tonight is 15 min cardio warm up, followed by strength training session with my trainer and then another 30 min cardio to follow.
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    3 mile run/walk at 3:00 this afternoon with my daughter who is working on keeping in shape for a triathlon (she's 10) :happy:
    And body revolution tonight with the hubby!!! No excuses today!
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    In about an hour I'm heading out for week 4 session 3 of C25K. Enjoy your workouts everyone!
  • Amy4President
    Options
    I go straight to gym from my office everyday. Tonight is 15 min cardio warm up, followed by strength training session with my trainer and then another 30 min cardio to follow.

Woot woot! My bag is in my car!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Round 2 of Insanity Day 1 starts tonight :)
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I need motivation. Doing Stronglifts today, but am pretty tired already. I'm hoping there isn't a big crowd at the gym so I can get it in and get out. I'll be pretty busy the rest of the week, so I need to make sure I really put in work before the 4th of July.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Monday is my long night. Zumba 5-6, CX works (ab class) 6-6:30, Body Attack 6:30-7:30, yoga 7:30-8:15.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    The pool and I have a hot date tonight!
  • sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Not me I'm not working out today at all. It's a rest day. :)

Make sure you take your scheduled rest days. They benefit you more than you know.
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    2 Miles in the pool today, and yoga tonight.