Team UK - August2010

Options

Replies

• yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Going gym all the time just makes me hungry ! I just wanna eat !! the wrong things though.

Know exactly what you mean. My walk home from the gym takes me past 2 pubs, 1 Chinese restaurant, 2 Indian, a Subway and 2 Italian and it's only a 5 min trip! Oooh those tempting smells when you are starving. I have found that having a banana before I start working out really helps, either that or take it with me so I have something instant to eat after, full of good stuff too :happy:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Hi UK!! :love:

I only joined last Saturday so I've only just come across this thread. Good to know there is a TeamUK!! :bigsmile:

I lost 5lbs before joining, nothing for 2 weeks and 1lb last week. Have upped my calories since being here (by all accounts on here, I wasn't eating enough), so hoping for another loss tomow. (I weigh every day and its heading that way :wink:

So, for August, I dont know, hopefully it will be 3 or 4 lbs in total, which sounds crap to me, but hey, at least I'm not gaining. Would love to lose 7lbs per month - maybe September!! Hmmm! I always lose weight slowly, and the weekend alcohol doesnt help!! :drinker: But I did stay in last weekend and didnt drink a drop :noway:

Happy Bank Holiday!! Think I might have to indulge this weekend tho:happy:

Anna :wink:
  • lucy9994
    lucy9994 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much Yvonne - scales suggestion a good one. In fact it's the one thing bodychef has made me really appreciate.ie portion sizes. Realised how unnecessarily huge my portion sizes were. This evenings meal for example was good ol' spaghetti boll'. I looked decidedly dubious about the spag' bit. About a 10 pence piece sized circumference which looked tiny yet was completely filling.

Rubbish week working horrendous hours then not being able to wind down. So sleeping late, thereby missing the gym and pool. Once the exercise habit is there - feels awful when you miss it!

Well done james and fellow losers this week.

Byeeeeeee

Lucy

• kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team UK!

I hope you are all having better weather than whats going on in the south right now..... JEEEEEZE, it just hasnt stopped raining! Had enough of it! So today (dress down friday) im sporting a BIG hoodie, Jeans and UGG boots.. lol sooo cosy!!

Finished the DETOX.. Dont think i lost that much this time around, i definately cheated here and there... really shows you have to stick exactly to the plan to see the results.. soo im back to normal food for a couple of days before i embark on the DETOX one more time before my holiday to France!! *fingers crossed* i get to my 1st sept goal of 10stone!!!

Weigh in day for me is a Tuesday so i shall let you know where im at then!

Whats everyone doing for this long bank holiday weekend? Im thinking of going to Notting Hill Carnival on Sunday.. weather permitting.. as i have never been there before and it looks like an AMAZING day out.. so i've rallied up the girls and we are gonna make a good day of it!! Plus i dont have to worry about being hungover at work on monday... YEY for the day off!!

Welcome to all the Newbies that have shown up recently.. lovely to see some new faces... be lovely to see how your all doing next month... either myself or James will set up a new group for SEPT! Thinking of that, i cant actually belive its SEPTEMBER nexct week... WHERE HAS THIS YEAR GONE PEOPLE!? :noway: only 4 months till xmas.............:laugh: :laugh:

I had an amazing workout last night... as the gym instructer said to me..." You look like your in the Zone"... i definately was... anyone else get that, some days workouts are absolutely pants and all you want to do is go home, and then there are other days where you could literally stay there hours.... that was me last night... the only thing stopping me from staying there all night was the fact i was meeting the girls at the pub (for a cheeky diet coke) :tongue: ... So this morning im feeling good about the workout and ready to carry on today after work with what i didnt do...

... ok im going to stop waffeling on and boring you with what seems to be a life story and go n make my porridge.... WOOOP.. Ohh how i have missed it!! lol

Lots of love.... Katherine x :heart:
  • James_H
    James_H Posts: 48
    Options

Going gym all the time just makes me hungry ! I just wanna eat !! the wrong things though.

Know exactly what you mean. My walk home from the gym takes me past 2 pubs, 1 Chinese restaurant, 2 Indian, a Subway and 2 Italian and it's only a 5 min trip! Oooh those tempting smells when you are starving. I have found that having a banana before I start working out really helps, either that or take it with me so I have something instant to eat after, full of good stuff too :happy:

Sounds like I need to try that - I'm not really doing proper workouts yet but even a walk/jog in the early evening will make me starving for the rest of the night... and then when you add the fact that I'll be knackered and won't be arsed to cook, I do sometimes end up undoing all my good work!

I strongly suspect I won't lose anything this week, I've been out for dinner twice and gone over my calories both nights (once spectacularly with a few beers!) But maybe that should be my incentive to do better for the rest of this week!
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    Hey Team

Just my weekly check in and general rant so stop reading now if your bored of me. lol:laugh:

My last weigh in of the month is Tomorrow. I need 2lbs this week and i really think i have done it. Fingers crossed.

I'm out on the drink again tomorrow night for a mates birthday. He's 27 which is scarey coz it means i will be too in 6 months. Oh I am getting so old. At least i weighed less then i did for my 26th.

BIG hello to all the newbies, getting very hard to say hello to you all personaly with so many new members but give me time i will get around to it one day.

As KP's post above expect to see Team UK September up on Wednesday and lets us all know how you got on in August.

Have a great bank holiday and I will let you all know the results of tomorrows weigh in before Tuesday

All the best

James
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Well finally cracked it, lost 4.4lbs this weejk, not sure how or why considering last weekend and the food I have been eating all week. The gym must be paying dividends now. Either that or my upset stomach earlier today (went to the loo 4 times) has dropped my weight. I guess I shall see next week to see if it pans out.

Chuffed for 4.4lbs loss though, yipeeee !!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi Everyone

:smile: Still the same no weight gain or loss this week ! I have just started an exercise routine though so maybe that will get things moving.

Had a team meeting at work on Wednesday (Don't you just love them!) and a buffet lunch with big bready sarnies and had a training day on Thursday with a buffet lunch and you've guessed it big bready sarnies (and this was the healthy menu?) We all went out for a meal on Wednesday evening (Italian) I had a lovely pancake filled with chicken and mushroom covered in bolgonese sauce, it was delicious but not sure how many calories it had. Must confess to having a couple of glasses of wine too, although I resisted the ice cream for afters and stuck with a cup of tea.

Felt a bit bloated today though,so back to eating more fruit and veggies. (Did I mention the chocolates on the table for both days?) It's probably a good job I had a few days of aerobics beforehand. Didn't get time this morning, but back to exercising this weekend see if I can make it last longer this time. :bigsmile:

Have a good weekend everyone :drinker: :drinker:
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Good Morning Team UK!

I hope you are all having better weather than whats going on in the south right now..... JEEEEEZE, it just hasnt stopped raining! Had enough of it!

Ahhhhhh, I'd better confess to that being all my fault....I finally got a week off work during the SUMMER :laugh: holidays to spend with my kids....Cue torrential rain and high winds, I could have predicted it in advance really!
  • Wazzer76
    Options
    It's great to see other UK members here! Having just joined up, I look forward to posting in the next Team UK thread :)
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Good to see even more newbies and that everyone seems to be getting on great!

I've managed to maintain weight this week which I'm pleased with as I haven't exercised much and have eaten bad foods, struggling to stay under my calories each day. As I've lost 1lb more than my goal for August I'm really pleased with myself and busy trying to think ahead for September and deciding where I want to be in a month to give me something to aim for (think that was the prob with this week - as I'd reached my goal I hadn't set a new one!)

Off to the supermarket in a while to get the veggies in for the week but first I'm gonna raid the cook books and see what I can find that's tempting. I have all these books and never use them so I must rectify that!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday and I hope to see you all soon! x
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, new here to Team UK. I live in Hampshire. Just back from 1 weeks hol in Devon, then 1 week in South Spain. Had no fitnesspal contact at all and have managed to lose 2 lbs!!! All food eaten was based on guess work!
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

It's so good to see some sun!!!!!!!!!

Katherine - I was thinking of checking out the Notting Hill Carnival as well but there are loads of tube closures including the line I live on so will see how long it would take to get there haha Hope you enjoy it x

James - We always like to hear from you :) Hope your weigh in went as planned

Queen Medusa - Good work on maintaining. Sometimes I think after weeks of frustration with the scales it can be really motivating to have a bad few days and not gain :) Good luck with getting back on track.

I lost 3.1lbs this week which I'm pretty sure is really weight loss accumulated over a few weeks where I have had lower numbers but was pretty happy to finally see some results on the scales :) I'm very nearly back to my pre-uk weight now which is way exciting and has been a huge struggle for me because of my frequent moving around for work.... not always having kitchen facilities and also often being quite unhappy at work. So yeah, very happy to feel like I'm getting on track with this. I think it will make me a lot happier in the UK. I know that sounds silly but I feel like things went way downhill when I moved to the UK because I was so homesick and I think this is definitely a step in the right direction. I knew I needed to get myself on track before I focused too much on making new friends and such.

Anyway, good luck to everyone else weighing in over the weekend. Enjoy the sun while it lasts xx
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Think I am going to have a rather bad weekend. Out dj'ing tonight in London = lots of drinking. Sunday night is another party and I have a week off work so it's all going to go to pot haha.
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Well I've maintained my weight this week which is pretty good considering I ate about a week's worth of calories on my birthday (pizza, chicken, cheesy garlic bread, ice cream and wine). I have been on maintenance calories for 3 weeks and my body seems happy enough to sit at this weight for now anyway. Typical me though, never entirely happy, I think I might drop my calories for a few weeks and see if I can lose another kilo.
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    I hate changing my calorie goal back downwards as it applies it back over your whole diary. It now looks like I've been over my calories pretty much everyday for the last few weeks when in fact my calorie allowance was higher then :grumble:
  • James_H
    Options
    Think I am going to have a rather bad weekend. Out dj'ing tonight in London = lots of drinking. Sunday night is another party and I have a week off work so it's all going to go to pot haha.

Weekends are lethal, aren't they?! It's only Saturday evening and I've already been out for a massive lunch with enough calories for a whole day. Good job I did all that golf this morning... ;o)
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    As promised update on the weigh in.
    Lost 3lbs this week, which means i have lost 8 lbs this month.

246260.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • James_H
    Options

Nice one! You've done amazingly well overall, very impressed!
  • yvonnej1
    Options

Well done. :happy:

Roast dinner, dessert, copious amounts of wine and boy oh boy am I hungry and have the munchies :cry: Perhaps this isn't the week to decide to have a final push and lose a couple more pounds. I just want to eat.