YOU'RE FAV QUOTE FOR MOTIVATION!!

Options
"You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there!"

I fall in the water almost every day once, but if I stayed there all day, I would def be drowning....My goal is get where I fall in the water once a week only :)

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    "I'm tired of being fat and out of shape."

Said by me each day I didn't do anything about it. I never want to utter that phrase again.
  • defyyourlimitations
    Options
    "Stop competing with others and start competing with yourself."

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday."

I love these. I love sports and healthy competition is great, but ultimately, focusing on yourself is most important. It is distracting to worry about everyone esle and how you compare to them. Trying to be a better you is the key.
  • jillymas33
    jillymas33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    "Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you." :smile:
  • tapdancr2192
    Options
    My favorite quote actually came from a mfp member on another forum:

"Other people have to learn to quit smoking, or use an artificial limb, or what-have-you. This is my limitation and it's not so horrible."

Feeling blessed with the good things in my life has made me accept having to watch what I eat and work out every day. Knowing that it could be so much worse is what keeps me going every day! :)
  • erikalanem
    erikalanem Posts: 48
    Options
    I loved a quote by an MFPer "Get rich quick, get poor quick"...This is a long journey, a permanent one really....Losing weight fast will leave us only where we can't maintain it....
  • shadowharuka
    shadowharuka Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    "Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    not going to bet the butt you want by sitting on the one you've got!
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    "I'm so sorry I forced myself to do that workout," said NO ONE -- EVER!
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    A fellow MFP member said this once and has really stuck with me. "A year from now you will wish you started today."
  • MamaCatO
    MamaCatO Posts: 100
    Options
    "If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up"
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm getting skinnier and skinnier every day!

No food tastes as good as skinny feels.

Only You can prevent forest fires (which is silly I know, but it reminds me that I am the only one who can do this for myself)
  • Sewilban
    Sewilban Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    "I may not be the strongest. I may not be the fastest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest."
  • Amy_Andrews
    Amy_Andrews Posts: 106
    Options
    “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!” Audrey Hepburn
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    "This is about the time when you are going to hear that voice in your head that says 'I just can't do this.' That voice is a lying wh@re. Keep going."
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Ten small words that say a lot!

IF IT IS TO BE IT IS UP TO ME!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Little pickers, wear big knickers!!
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off your face. It's your choice.

The hardest step for a runner is the first one out the front door.

Fitness is like a marriage; you can't cheat on it and expect it to work.

No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.

I don't quit when I'm tired; I quit when I'm done.

If it is important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.

When it's hard to run, run hard.

You don't have to go fast, you just have to go.

It doesn't matter how times you fall down as long as you pick yourself back up and keep moving forward.

Don't give up on a goal because of the time it requires; the time will pass anyway.
  • cbwilliams2004
    cbwilliams2004 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Too long to type, but look up "The Man in the Arena" by Theodore Roosevelt. It's a nice little verbal smackdown for anyone saying you can't achieve something.
  • Katkamm77
    Katkamm77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    From an MFP member..."Committed means you do it whether you want to or not".