Microwave article

Options
NykkieC
NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
I just thought I'd share this with everyone - it was an interesting read!
I don't use our microwave too often but I will be investing in a steamer for my veggies and I will look at the other options of heating the few things we buy frozen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/microwave-cancer_b_684662.html

Replies

• xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I've read this exact article before, but on a different site. I want to point out the comments below the article--microwaves aren't the most evil thing ever... sure, you don't want to rely on them for every meal, and I find that it's hard to cook anything properly by microwave as opposed to oven/stovetop, but the whole "OMG MICROWAVES GIVE YOU CANCER" concept of the article isn't credible (in my opinion). I would rather eat a microwave-steamed veggie than one boiled to death on the stove from a nutritional standpoint...

BUT, you're right... definitely an interesting read, good food for thought.
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Haha yeah I know, we only really use ours for steamfresh veggies and making baked potatoes which isn't too bad! I want a steamer to cook those things so they lose less nutrients, and hey, if the microwaves cause cancer (which I'm sure there's not a huge risk if you don't use them for every meal like you said), I'll have avoided that too :)