An Unusual NSV: Time!

Options
ReinaJaLaNa
ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
I realized recently that, for the first time of all of the instances I've ever tried to lose weight and get in better shape, I am mostly not super-aware and overly conscious and worried about...well, time!

SDC15515.jpg

In the past, I would worry and think about all kinds of time as it'd concern my weight-loss efforts...

- Time spent at the gym, on a particular machine or just in general..
- Time before my next meal...
- Time until my next weigh-in...
- How long I still have to go until my various short-term and long-term weight goals...
And so forth and so on.

I don't know what's quite different about this time, but it just is.. Well, actually, I'll say that I was still largely thinking and concerned about it in the beginning, but it seems that the more time that goes by and I'm generally remaining committed and motivated, the less I worry and care about it.

And I'm SUPER-happy about this because I feel like when you're paying so much attention to the time -- be it how long you're working out, before your next meal, or until your ideal weight goal -- that's when it seems to take the LONGEST and feel the most torturous.

I hope that I'll only continue to worry even less and less about it...in time ;)

Note: The pic above is of the calendar in my hallway and my goal bikini. I bought that bikini -- my first time having ever purchased a bikini -- some time in May, soon after I started this new journey. I started marking the days down to both my short-term and long-term weight goals to help with the feeling of making progress and seeing how much closer I'd be getting with each passing day; however, in the midst of doing that, what started as one lonely red "X" or just two red "X"s has mutated into a sea of red, not only really driving the point home of how much I've already accomplished but also making the days and weeks (and hopefully ultimately months) all start to run together...which i LOVE.

Replies

• ALKNica
    ALKNica Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm having that same "unhurried" feeling this time around too. I think it's extremely liberating.
  • RachelFaigin
    Options
    You are going to look GREAT in that bikini! Spending time on taking care of yourself is such a gift, no wonder you are not focussing on it as a negative. The amount of weight you have lost since May is my goal for the whole of 2013. Congratulations to you! I'm only 10# down with 11# left to go.
  • tcs1012
    tcs1012 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you're saying. I've been at this now for about six months which is the longest I've ever stuck to any other "plan" before. It will probably take me close to two years to get to where I really want to be. If I look at it as a year and a half to go that sounds really hard but I've truly looked at it as a way of life now so I plan to stay at it for a lot longer than that anyway.
  • ReinaJaLaNa
    ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm having that same "unhurried" feeling this time around too. I think it's extremely liberating.

YES IT IS!!
    You are going to look GREAT in that bikini! Spending time on taking care of yourself is such a gift, no wonder you are not focussing on it as a negative. The amount of weight you have lost since May is my goal for the whole of 2013. Congratulations to you! I'm only 10# down with 11# left to go.

I should clarify that I haven't lost all of the 20+lbs. since May. I've lost maybe 15lbs. since May. The other lbs. are from an older weight -- I was around 220lbs. for a few years. But thank you, I really do hope that bikini ends up being a good pic after this is all said and done. And with your only having 11lbs. left to go, I know you'll be there in no time. I wish I only had 11 more to go -- that's awesome! Good luck! :)
    I know exactly what you're saying. I've been at this now for about six months which is the longest I've ever stuck to any other "plan" before. It will probably take me close to two years to get to where I really want to be. If I look at it as a year and a half to go that sounds really hard but I've truly looked at it as a way of life now so I plan to stay at it for a lot longer than that anyway.

Yeah, you definitely have to have much more of a "glass half-full" way of looking at all of this or you might not make it (or, if you do, it'll be even harder than it is for the rest of us, lol). So, that's great that you've had that attitude and outlook on the whole thing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!