Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    A truly sad and heartbreaking tragedy. My deepest sympathies to the families and friends who lost loved ones, directly and indirectly. May their heroic souls rest in peace.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    :heart:

Sad sad sad.

I am very thankful for those who give their lives selflessly in order to save others.

Thank you.:heart: (I can't ever thank you enough)
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    My condolences to the families and friends of the Granite Mountain Hotshots...such devastation and loss of beautiful young lives. My heart and prayers go out to you. Always remember...

hotshots_sm_zps24ef944d.jpg
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    This was on a friend of mine's facebook today and I found some comfort in it so I thought I would share. Her family knew one of the young men who died from church. He spoke about his faith and good coming from loss.

"I only knew one of these men, Clayton. He taught at Heights Church for some time, & I remember to this day one of his services. He taught about how God allows firestorms into our life for the purpose of letting something new & beautiful begin. There are seeds that have the potential of growing into beautiful trees & plants but can only grow if first germinated. The high temperatures of these fires germinate the seeds. Same thing in our lives, we have to suffer high temperatures in order to have the beauty that comes from it."
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Nice post Tricia.

Thanks all of you and anyone else who adds to this post!

Most of all thank you to the firefighters who are still out there doing their jobs and again to those hero's who lost their lives to it!

We know you are watching over us, and you will never be forgotten!

Chelle
  • ladyjay71
    ladyjay71 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My prayers and thoughts go out to them and their families in this unimaginable tragedy.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    My thoughts and prayers to those firefighters that lost their lives battling that fire and to the ones that are still out there battling that fire and all of their families. I have several firefighters in my family and I work with all the fire rescue crews in 16 counties (first responder and hazmat crews) and it is a great loss every time we lose even one of these heros.
  • Curved_Chica
    Options
    They are fallen heroes and my heart goes out to their families
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    hero gets thrown around way too much...but in this case it is certainly deserved. i cant imagine the heart ache this has caused that community.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    The Westboro Baptist Church was planning a protest at the funeral but AZ was smart enough to pass a law a few years ago that makes it illegal to protest within 300 ft of a funeral or graveside an hour before or after a funeral. Its probably a good thing for them though because bikers from across the southwest were ready to descend upon Prescott and block any protestors dumb enough to show their faces.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    someone should start the Eastboro Baptist Church and have a gang war with the Westboro version.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    As the crow flys Yarnell is about 50 miles from my parents place in Mayer, AZ prayers to all affected.
    1001341_272519719552996_967053025_n.jpg