What's your late night snack?

Options
I eat healthy all day long. But after I eat dinner at 5:30, it all goes downhill from there! I plan on eating fruit or popcorn; however I always wind up snacking for the rest of the night. This bad habit is really starting to stall my weight loss. What do you eat after dinner to curb your appetite for late night snacking?

Replies

• nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I usually have a cup or two of Chamomile tea so I don't binge at night. Tea always fills me, plus the stuff makes me too relaxed to even care to get up to hit the fridge lol
  • mcoy1201
    mcoy1201 Posts: 17
    Options
    I eat a hard boiled egg. :)
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I usually eat my dinner between 6 and 7, and don't have any desire to eat after that. I used to years ago, but for whatever reason the cravings just went away. Of course, that did nothing to hinder me gaining weight over the last few years.. :grumble:
  • droppinlbslikeangels
    Options
    An apple and nutella.. Don't tell the clean eaters! :x
  • mcoy1201
    Options
    Oh yeah I forgot about Nutella! I like it with Nilla Wafers, but an apple is way healthier.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I keep strawberries and blueberries on deck just for that reason. lol
  • aikenha5
    aikenha5 Posts: 3
    Options
    I happen to be a MEGA fan of watermelon or freezie pops late at night... or chunks of cheese.... lol
  • ChelseaAClanton89
    ChelseaAClanton89 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    These are great ideas...bump
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Anything I'm craving at that moment. Last one was turkey.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Some type of berry and some greek yogurt. Have it every night!
  • iiwish
    iiwish Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A bowl of cereal, strawberries, or those chocolate pudding cups
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I like dry red wine at night with a small amount of cheese (babybel or string cheese is good). It really helps take away the hungries.
  • mcoy1201
    Options
    Cocoa Krispies!!!
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, popcorn, apple and string cheese or nuts instead of the cheese, sometimes I eat watermelon or frozen yogurt but i have trouble stopping at 1/2 cup... :happy:
  • beez89
    beez89 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Those 100 calorie popcorns..... I can finish the whole darn thing and not feel like a fatty for doing so... win... lol :wink:
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    As you said popcorn really loving that at late night, also mini pretzels Snyders of Hanover, dark chocholate promises by Dove, string cheese stick, low fat yogurt, or if I am craving protein homemade beef jerky.

I got in to the beef jerky by eating jack links because I would pick it up at the gas station but did not like how much sodium and other things were in it. Made my own beef jerky much cheaper using rump roast, trim the fat off, slice it thin, marinade it in honey red pepper flake, soy sauce or teriyaki sauce for about 24 hours in the fridge, then lay it out on furnace filters bungee strap it to a box fan for about 24 hours depending.
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    The secret for me, is to plug in a couple of night snacks, and then build the rest of my daily calorie allotment around what's left. The key is to accommodate snacks instead of fighting them. I have to admit I haven't followed this the last couple of weeks, due to working too many days and hours, but the crisis is over, and I'll be back to it after I stock up on groceries tomorrow.
  • jimithegreek
    Options
    It sounds like you enjoy snacking after dinner. Perhaps try and eat a little less throughout the day, so you have more calories left after dinner. I'm kind of the same way, so save 400 or so calories for after dinner. Good luck!
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have roasted marshmallows. Yummy!
  • fatash1021
    fatash1021 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great ideas everyone. I'm going to try some of these :)