BEST Low-Calorie, Vitamin Packed, Energizing, Smoothie!!

Options
I wasn't sure whether this belonged under "Food" or "Recipes", so I decided to just post it in both areas. Its the exact same post, you don't have to read it Twice! :)

I have been trying for a while now to make a smoothie that is full of Vitamins and Minerals, will taste great, will be filling, will fit into my budget, AND be low in calories and I've FINALLY found the perfect combination!! It is so great that I thought I'd share the recipe and nutritional info with everyone to try out on their own! (I'm drinking one right now:) )

Recipe for TWO 3-cup servings :(all fresh fruit)

1 large Peach
1 cup of chopped Strawberries
1 cup of chopped Pineapple
1 cup Diet Cranberry Juice (ocean spray)
1 package of Emergen-C 1000mg Vitamin C (tangerine flavor, available at any Walmart)
1 tray of ice cubes (Use as much as you like to get a good consistency, theres no calories in water!)

Put it all in a decent blender and blend until liquid!!

Nutritional Info (In the entire Recipe, two servings total):
Calories: 190!!!!(only 95 per serving)
Carbs: 50
Fat: 0
Protein: 5
Sugar: 38
Iron: 8

Vitamins and Minerals
%DV
Vitamin C: 1667%
Thiamin: 25%
Riboflavin: 25%
Niacin: 25%
Vitamin B6: 500%
Folic Acid: 3%
Vitamin B12: 417%
Pantothenic Acid: 25%
Calcium: 5%
Phosphorous: 4%
Magnesium: 15%
Zinc: 13%
Manganese: 25%
Chromium: 8%
Sodium: 3%
Potassium: 6%

So not only does this taste great, but it has SEVEN of the B vitamins which are the vitamins that are essential to weight loss and will help you by boosting your metabolism and energy by converting larger quantities of food into energy that your body can use, it has 24 nutrients, electrolytes(making the shake perfect as an after-workout snack, as electrolytes are lost through sweat) and Antioxidants! And on top of all that, it only has 95 calories per serving!! PERFECT for the morning, and easy to make the night before and leave in the fridge so that you dont have to waste time in the morning preparing it! One of these in the morning keeps me energized for the day!!

Enjoy!! :D

Replies

• sherryar
    sherryar Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love Smoothies so I am going to try this in the morning...Thanks!
  • ucnclmeal
    Options
    This sound yummy- it's going on my meal plan for the next week!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I will defiantly try this it sounds A-MAZING!!!!!:love:
  • storm1424
    Options
    this sounds really really good! I can't wait to try it!
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    This sounds so yummy. Too bad strawberries will kill me since I'm very allergic to them, including just being by them. I could try it without, but probably wouldn't taste the same. :(
  • Tems
    Tems Posts: 16
    Options
    Will give this a go, can't wait!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Yum! Thanks for posting!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    looks great...thanks