Turboing, A diary - 36 hours, 0 calories, 2 HIT workouts

Options
Turboing is like fasting but faster. The idea is to go 36 hours of drinking only water, consume zero calories, and incorporate two high intensity training sessions. I have heard about the benefits of complete calorie forbearance and thought I'd give it a go. This is my first time so I picked 36 hours. It's really just skipping three full meals and getting a night's rest before the second HIT workout.

This post is to document my moods, energy levels, and general experience with Turboing.

My Diary

July 1st, 2013

6 pm - So it begins... ate dinner and began the zero-calorie stopwatch.

Today July 2nd, 2013

6 am - Woke up feeling fine. I often don't eat until after my workout in the mornings anyway so I don't expect to feel any different. I consider my post workout meal to be my first large contingent of skipped calories. We'll see how it goes.

8 am - Off to the gym.

10am -

Noon -

3 pm -

6 pm - 24 hour mark.

Note: I'm sure "Turboing," has been used in conjunction with diet and fitness before, but I'm using it here to denote fasting taken to the next level.

P.s. Thanks everyone for your responses that show a surprising level of interest and enthusiasm. I really was expecting the opposite. One thing I forgot to touch on and want to make clear is that I will not be doing a before-and-after weigh-in or vogue shoot. This is not a get-thin-quick scheme. The purpose of this is to see if I feel substantially different. More energy? Less? Warmer complexion? Gaunt? My final entry will be the morning after the Turboing ends, which I think will be most indicative of the results.

Replies

• HillMelissaAnne
    HillMelissaAnne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this diary; I'll be interested in seeing how it goes. But what is a HIT work out?
  • rhall9058
    rhall9058 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this diary; I'll be interested in seeing how it goes. But what is a HIT work out?

High Intensity Training....................basically going all out in fast intervals to spike your HR as fast as possible for maximum "punch" during your workout.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    BUMP. Love to see how this goes.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I have a question, why? What benefit could this have?
  • NathanFronk
    NathanFronk Posts: 137 Member
    Options

High Intensity Training. I think. Maybe I am using the term wrong. Maybe it's supposed to be HIIT for High Intensity Interval Training.

I'll be doing sprints and cross-fit type exercises. At least that's the plan, we'll see. Today should be fine.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    juggle.gif
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    I wish you luck.. however, you'll probably feel shaky/weak and get headaches past the 24 hour mark.
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Its HIIT for High Intensity Interval Training. And I will be interested to read your results. Even though I would never give this a try. I would never go that long without food!! Lol
  • NathanFronk
    Options

Without going into posting articles from one science journal or another - because the more I read the more I realize no one can agree on anything - I'll just say that we'll see.

t's an experiment.
  • arose544
    arose544 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My longest fast was 72 hours. It’s not as hard as one might think (if you’re in the right frame of mind). I’m interested to see how adding a workout affects you. Good luck :)
  • LiezelWeasy
    Options
    BUMP:bigsmile:
  • Jodycnd
    Jodycnd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump, curious to see about your experience, although I know I wouldn't try it myself!
  • jordantylergillespie
    jordantylergillespie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to see how this goes. Keep posting updates for sure.
  • sugah11
    sugah11 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It's a good way to "reset" your clock so to speak and rid the body of toxins. You can have green or black tea as well and some low sodium broth (1 cup). Keep us posted!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

Without going into posting articles from one science journal or another - because the more I read the more I realize no one can agree on anything - I'll just say that we'll see.

t's an experiment.

You wrote
    I have heard about the benefits of complete calorie forbearance and thought I'd give it a go

I just don't understand what this could accomplish, other than being hungry for 36 hours!? I'm all for experiments but this one seems like a huge waste of time and energy....
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    It's a good way to "reset" your clock so to speak and rid the body of toxins. You can have green or black tea as well and some low sodium broth (1 cup). Keep us posted!

lolwut?
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Drink lots! Have fun!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    bumping!!!
  • ZoeAnderson1988
    ZoeAnderson1988 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im looking 4ward to hear how you get on :)
  • NathanFronk
    Options
    I didn't realize there was a time limit for editing posts. So I have to repost instead of going back to the top which is kind of a bummer, but it is what it is...

My Diary

July 1st, 2013

6 pm - So it begins... ate dinner and began the zero-calorie stopwatch.

Today July 2nd, 2013

6 am - Woke up feeling fine. I often don't eat until after my workout in the mornings anyway so I don't expect to feel any different. I consider my post workout meal to be my first large contingent of skipped calories. We'll see how it goes.

8 am - Off to the gym.

11am - I just got back from the gym. I feel great. Normally I would grab a protein shake or eat some eggs so this is the first real calorie intake I'm skipping. My stomach is starting to growl a little.
    Noon -

3 pm -

6 pm - 24 hour mark.