From "pear" to "hourglass" with HEAVY-LIFTING for Women!

Options

Replies

• JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have a husband and a family to take care of. But, above all else, I believe that I owe it to myself to take care of myself. First.

Here's to the next 18 months!!
    [/quote]

Yes to This! I must remember this! Thank you for sharing.
  • mhoeff1
    mhoeff1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I can for sure relate to this I too am a pear shape I know the boobs are the first to go for me I am happy that you posted your pics casue now I know I too can get these thunder thigs and hips of mine under control by the way you look amazing! and the hard work shows ! keep up the great work and dedication
  • pearlmullet
    pearlmullet Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Amazing, beeps. Totally awesome.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    :)
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    OMG you are amazing looking! This is why women should lift. It's awesome for our bones and our shapes. Congrats to you! What an inspiration!
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    what an inspiration, well done
  • kazaroona
    kazaroona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I cant wait to start lifting! Well done!
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Fantastique!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    Wow!
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • flannery2012
    flannery2012 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed with what you have done (and other similar stories I see here on MFP) from heavy lifting.
    Okay, here's my question--please, no one laugh, this is an honest question and this seems like the place to post it...
    I have done some lifting and from the beginning bought into the "light wt, lots of reps" that is often told to us women. Well, I have seen enough lately on MFP to realize I've been duped. Would someone please give me a little clarification as to what constitutes 'heavy lifting' as opposed to what I've been doing (apparently all wrong :ohwell: )
    (I am a member of the YMCA, so have access to lots of machines plus free weights, just need some guidance here.)
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    I am so impressed with what you have done (and other similar stories I see here on MFP) from heavy lifting.
    Okay, here's my question--please, no one laugh, this is an honest question and this seems like the place to post it...
    I have done some lifting and from the beginning bought into the "light wt, lots of reps" that is often told to us women. Well, I have seen enough lately on MFP to realize I've been duped. Would someone please give me a little clarification as to what constitutes 'heavy lifting' as opposed to what I've been doing (apparently all wrong :ohwell: )
    (I am a member of the YMCA, so have access to lots of machines plus free weights, just need some guidance here.)

Same here. I also want to know HOW to do it.
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! :D lifting forever!
  • momtwoboyz
    momtwoboyz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Looking GREAT!! :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    For women who want to start "heavy lifting", I'll give you the same advice I have given others:

1. Buy New Rules of Lifting for Women, or buy "Strong Curves".
    2. Take these books to the gym and book a session or two with a personal trainer to WALK YOU THROUGH the "moves".
    3. Do the rest ON YOUR OWN.
    4. Form first. Before going "heavy" and "heavier" with your weights, make sure your FORM is correct!
    5. If you can get through the reps in one set, without being totally spent at the end, likely the weight isn't sufficient and you need to UP your weights for your next set.

Youtube.com has TONS of videos, too, to help you with your form...there's even free tutorials on there from the likes of mark rippetoe!

Enjoy!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ...also, there are groups right here on mfp ("New Rules of Lifting for Women" as well as "Women Strength-training") which YOU can join and they have ALL SORTS OF FAQ THREADS on those groups!

JUST DO IT!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap! The overall transformation is amazing, but the change in your hips is...:noway: Absolutely incredible.
  • dmspenc
    dmspenc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Looking good!
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Keep lifting heavy things! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!