I'm a newbie & I need MOTIVATION!

Options
Hi my name is Devin! I have been having the hardest time getting motivated to workout and lose weight. I recently gained 20 pounds and I'd like to lose that plus some. I'm 23, I'm an Army Wife and a stay at home Mommy of 1 beautiful little girl =] We are located in upstate NY right now, so when winter hits I'm really gonna need some help getting motivated to get my butt out of the house and workout! HELP me please and I'll help you =] Look forward to meeting some new people!

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit -- that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • devoshea
    Options
    Thank You!! I joined your FB group and sent you a friend request =]
    Best wishes to you too on your fitness journey!!

Devin =]
  • lmvince
    lmvince Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'll be glad to help you. It's good to know we're not alone.
  • kimmi33
    kimmi33 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome WEBSITE!!! It has helped me so much in the last 2 weeks. Friend request me if you like. Good Luck to you. We can do this!!!
  • LilLadyKatie
    Options
    i've only been on this site for a few days now but i love it!! everyone is incredibly supportive and upbeat and its AWESOME!!! if you feel down, people jump to build you up. it's incredible! :)
    I'm in California so we're not exactly close, but I'll be a cheerleader for ya if you want!
  • amarie36
    amarie36 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You are not alone....I know once the winter hits that will be my struggle. Thats seems to be around the time that I gain weight. We can help keep each other motivated!
  • devoshea
    Options
    Thank You all so much for being so supportive and welcoming me! I will also be here to help all of you if needed. Amarie, winter will aso be my struggle so I"m right there with you. I'm so glad I found this site! We can do this. Thank You again everyone! =]
  • trgobble
    trgobble Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you, girl! If you'd like, you can add me as a friend and we can try to motivate each other! :)
  • inmyshoes
    Options
    My husband is in the army too! We're on opposite sides of the country tho.
  • iluvdaisies
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mommy too that also needs some motivation! :) Just wanted to say good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • nahhan12
    nahhan12 Posts: 79
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I know what you mean about winter. I live in Alaska, so for 8 months out of the year all I want to do is sleep and stay warm. I've been on this site for a few months now and it's been great for keeping track of things and seeing what others are doing. Good luck! : )
  • breelj
    breelj Posts: 5
    Options
    I just started a few days ago.... I LOVE this site. I have been very diligent about posting my foods to as close as I can possibly get them. I never realized how much I was actually eating. I really dont exercise (YET) but just being aware of my food consumption has helped tremendously!! I know you'll do great too!!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I love this site - it's become like a ritual for me and a little bit addictive too ;-)
    Good luck - you're not alone!
  • Karmakarmen
    Options
    I just started too,i've been dying to find some site online that is comforting to come to and keep track of my progress to get fit and stay fit - so i'm excited and i will make sure i do everything i can to keep track everyday instead of going on facebook everyday laying around doing nothing!p.s i have no friends yet so all are welcome to help motivate me!