Walking

Options
Do you count walking as exercise? Walking uses 80% fat as fuel, so technically you don't need to eat those calories back?
I'm not saying walking is a better workout, I know that running for 30 mins will burn more fat than walking for 30 mins, but if you're walking anyway what is the sense of eating those calories back?

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Do you count walking as exercise? Walking uses 80% fat as fuel, so technically you don't need to eat those calories back?
    I'm not saying walking is a better workout, I know that running for 30 mins will burn more fat than walking for 30 mins, but if you're walking anyway what is the sense of eating those calories back?

I count walking as exercise when I'm using as exercise. I'll walk for an hour to two hours at a time specifically for a calorie burn. I'd rather run for time reasons but I just can't for physical reasons at the moment. I would not count it as exercise if I was wearing a pedometer and just tracking the walking I do durning everyday activities because those calories are already built into my activity levels.