I think i am about to eat my foot.

What's the dealio? I'm always hungry. I admit it. Since diving into this "experiment" I've found that I often go to bed hungry on 1350 cals. a day. But tonight??? Either my stomach is going to eat my spleen or………pass the salt please!

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    I TRY to stay within my calories, workout, and choose healthier options, but not at the expense of feeling hungry. If I'm 200 calories over my goal, so be it. What kind of foods are you eating?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Are you drinking enough water?
  • Hey ladies~
    Thanks for responding. I made my diary public so take a gander. Yes, actually, I ONLY drink water. I have digestive health issues so water is all I get.
    Anyhoo~ Thinking of just quitting today and accepting this body. 2 Weeks of strictly watching 1300 cals. and not ONE pound lost. So over it.
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    well giving up should not be an option.. it takes time for the body to adjust, and depending on your exercise output I would wager you are not eating enough to get your metabolism going. At 1300 calories, and exercise, your body is hanging onto every fat cell it can to protect itself...up your calories a bit.. and change up your exercise.. cardio one day strength the next.. I think you will see a difference.
  • I do eat my exercise calories though??
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Looks like you have only a few pounds to lose...which means you may not have any to lose! Your body may be clinging to the weight. I'd switch back to maintenance. If you are so hungry something is not right.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    You wish to lose about 8 lbs, right? Try cutting out excessive sodium...you could be full of water (no kidding). Try incorporating strength/weights into your workout which will trim you up in no time. But seriously I do believe your sodium intake could be monitored a little more carefully. Keep at it, its a lifestyle change. :flowerforyou:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    I went back to Friday in your diary and most days you don't hit your goal. This is a number you should aim to reach. Stop leaving so many calories uneaten. It's no wonder you're hungry!

To make sure your goal is correct for you:

1) With a low weight loss goal, you should be set at 1/2 pound for the weekly weight loss goal

2) Make sure your activity level is correct. You may be more active than you realize. Unless you truly are spending the majority of the day on your rear end, you're very likely not sedentary. Lightly active is more appropriate for many people.

3) Log your exercise and eat back the calories earned.

Your hunger levels may have more to do with *what* you eat rather than how much you eat. For me, eating a lot of carbs will just leave me hungry and weak as I'm a touch hypoglycemic. I have to make sure I eat whole carbs (steel cut oats, multi grain breads, fruits, veg) and get lots of protein and healthy fats in order to have that satified feeling.

And lastly, make sure you're getting enough sleep and some sort of stress relief (maybe try meditation or yoga) as high stress and too little sleep will mess with your weight loss efforts.
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Quitting is not an option, my friend :) It takes at LEAST 4 weeks to start noticing changes in your body.

1300 calories may be too low, especially if you work out.

I stick around 1600-1800 and I have abs. Your body needs fuel. It may be eating on itself thus causing a plateau.