July 4th/Holiday eating - what do you do?

Options
2»

Replies

• cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    You wont get fat in one day.

QFT

I treat the 4th like any other time there's some sort of food centered get together...eat until I'm full...eat some more...snack for hours after.

One day will barely throw off my week, let alone all the progress to this point. IF it does hinder my future progress, it won't really be enough to matter.

Can't gain it one day, can't lose it in one day.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    D definitely D for me.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I will eat what I want and get in a great workout if I can, but I don't beat myself up about it. A couple of days won't hurt me in the long run and I'll be happier that I didn't deprive myself. I know that others have to keep their calories in check because that's how it works for them.

It's different for everyone, but if there are ribs, macaroni and cheese, and apple pie, I guarantee you I will have a plate full.

This is exactly the way I look at it and do it for vacations and Holidays!!
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options

(C) Get in an extra workout or 2 to allow for added food consumption

(D) Decide that you deserve to splurge every now and then and let yourself enjoy the food. It's only one day, right?

(E) Something else I am not thinking of....

A little bit of three: C, D, and E.

I have time off so C works out well. D will probably also factor, but not to the point of blowing myself out of the water.

And E:

I'm the one planning the meal. Plans are for grilled chicken on a bed of arugula w/ avocado, red bell pepper, and purple onions with a side of my homemade watermelon-tomato-cucumber salad.

I'm sure there will probably be some splurge snacking (probably alcohol) but the planned meal is reasonable.
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm going to have some strawberry pie, some ice cream, and probably a burger. BUT I will also be swimming, walking, and being outside. So I figure this is fine, but I will also squeeze in a workout somewhere in there. It's a holiday, come on! :)
  • jennileemarie
    jennileemarie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    C for me. I plan on doing a slightly longer workout that morning and simply enjoying the BBQ. I still keep track of everything, but I am not a stickler for maintaining my points. I will still eat smart, only 1 dessert item, not too much pasta salad type foods. I'll eat a hotdog or hamburger with either no bun or half a bun.

Also, I like to always have a plate with fruit or veggies in my hand while I stand around talking to people. This way I nibble on healthy food instead of grabbing the nearest thing which always turns out to be chips.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    honestly i'd just do a hot dog all beef jumbo with extra mustard and a salad and adjust the rest of the days cals for it.