mdn15 Posts: 145
    Options
    Upcoming race: Toughmudder
    Date: 9/28
    Duration: 10-12 miles w/ obstacles
    Trail or Road: trail/ hills
    Goal Time: ???
    First Rece? Nope!
    Post Race Reward: A new pair of running shoes!!!
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Upcoming Race: my kid's school fundraiser
    Date: October 5th
    Duration: 5k
    Trail or Road: road
    Goal Time: just go get through it without walking!
    First Race?: Yes!!
    Post Race Reward: to pig out at the chili cook out that's happening afterwards

I'm NOT a runner, but my kid's school is putting on their first 5K this fall, to try something new (it's replacing those horrible entertainment books-thank u!!). I'm helping the mom who's putting it together so I figured I should probably run it :) Training right now and I'm up to a little over a half a mile without walking woot! My sister, who's a marathon runner, is going to do it with me so I'm really going to try and do the whole thing with no walking. I've always had no interest in running but I'm having fun so far with the training, so I may keep doing it afterwards-we'll see :)
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Upcoming Race: Feet On The Street
    Date: July 13th
    Trail or Road: Road
    Goal Time: Not sure to be honest
    First Race?: Nope, 10th 5k
    Post Race Reward: A nice stretch and drive home

I don't set goal times anymore because I end up getting disappointed in myself. my best so far has been 32:13, but I ran one in June on an injured calf and came in at 34:38. There is another one in July that I am signed up for (its an obstacle course run) but am not sure I will do it because its at least 3 hours away, and I have 3 more 5ks in Sept. I'm contemplating running my first 10k in Oct, and I am training to run my first half next year.
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Race: 4th of July 5k.
    Goal: Win age group (50-54)
    Time Goal: Not set for this race. Should be very hot and humid, so time goals make little sense. Add to that I'm looking for AG placement as first priority. I'll be paying particular attention to a couple of other runners.
    First Race: No. Most recent race was a 10k last weekend. Both of these are part of a local race series. I typically do about 10 races a year.
  • Cannon_G
    Cannon_G Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Upcoming Race: Dumbo Double Dare
    Date: August 31 & September 1rst
    Duration: 10k & Half Marathon
    Goal Time: Under an hour for the 10k and under 2:30 for the half
    First Race?: No
    Post Race Reward: Dole Whip

The Dumbo Double Dare is a RunDisney event where you run a 10k on Saturday and a half on Sunday. The races take place thru Disneyland. I ran my first half, the Walt Disney World Half, back in January and finished in 1:56,44. My wife and I are running the DDD to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary.

This sounds awesome! My husband are now texting back and forth about what year we should do this one...

The RunDisney races are so much fun. They have all the various characters along the course. Tons of distractions while you run from marching bands to a gospel choir near the finish line. The only downside is once you do one you will want to sign up for all of them. My wife and daughter are doing the glass slipper challenge next February. That's the 10k and then the half at Disneyworld next February. The multi race challenges sell out very quickly though. They make great runcations for the whole family.
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Upcoming Race: TRI HARD SPORTS 1st Annual Fun in the Sun 5k
    Date: July 20, 2013
    Goal Time: Under 36 minutes
    First Race?: No, 4th
    Post Race Reward: The after party is to go bar hopping, as this is located in a little party section of town... LOL
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Upcoming Race: Dog Days of Summer Half Marathon
    Date: July 27
    Duration: Half Marathon
    Trail or Road: Trail
    Goal Time: 2:30
    Post Race Reward: Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes from Ihop!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Upcoming Race: FAlmouth Road Race
    Date: August 11
    Duration: 7.2 miles
    Goal Time: want to be under 1:30
    First Race?: Nope....did this last year
    Post Race Reward: nice meal
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Upcoming Race: Triaggieland Triathlon
    Date: July 14
    Duration: 800m swim, 12 mi bike, 5km run
    Goal Time: 1:30
    First Race?: No, 6th Sprint Triathlon
    Post Race Reward: Finishing!
  • hifi898
    hifi898 Posts: 54
    Options
    Upcoming Race: St. Jude's Half Marathon
    Date: December 7, 8am
    Trail or Road: Road, through the streets of downtown Memphis past the St. Jude's Children's Hospital :)
    Goal Time: This is my first half so shooting for 3 hours goal time. I can run a 5K in 33 mins
    Post Race Reward: Uhh...haven't really thought about it! I think the biggest reward for me will be getting a '13.1' sticker for the back of my car :D

Running this race with my hubby, MIL, and family friends who had a young son treated at St. Jude's. They were very close to the couple and I'm running this race because...well, because I can when so many children can't. Having the ability to do something is motivation enough!!
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Upcoming race: Color Vibe
    Date: August 31, 2013
    Goal Time: This is my friend's first race so my goal is to help her run the first mile and then enjoy a walk/run the rest of the way.
    First Race? Nope
    Post Race Reward: Bacon and Beer!
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Upcoming Race: Dumbo Double Dare
    Date: August 31 & September 1rst
    Duration: 10k & Half Marathon
    Goal Time: Under an hour for the 10k and under 2:30 for the half
    Post Race Reward: Dole Whip

The Dumbo Double Dare is a RunDisney event where you run a 10k on Saturday and a half on Sunday. The races take place thru Disneyland. I ran my first half, the Walt Disney World Half, back in January and finished in 1:56,44. My wife and I are running the DDD to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary.

This sounds awesome! My husband are now texting back and forth about what year we should do this one...

The RunDisney races are so much fun. They have all the various characters along the course. Tons of distractions while you run from marching bands to a gospel choir near the finish line. The only downside is once you do one you will want to sign up for all of them. My wife and daughter are doing the glass slipper challenge next February. That's the 10k and then the half at Disneyworld next February. The multi race challenges sell out very quickly though. They make great runcations for the whole family.

My husband and I are runcation (like that term - never heard it before) people. We have never done a Disney race, but they are on our some-day-soon list. He would like to get all 50 states eventually - he is at 20, I am at 13 (he started about a year before we met). We have been going pretty crazy the past year and a half because we plan to start a family soon. And the unpredictability that comes with starting a family is making it very challenging to pick and choose races/destinations for this fall/winter and next spring and beyond.
  • Glasspack
    Glasspack Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Upcoming Race: Spartan Sprint
    Goal Time: about 45 minutes
    Post Race Reward: Beer and a medal

Upcoming Race: Philly Rock and Roll Half
    Date: September 15th
    Duration: 13.1 miles
    Goal Time: under 2.5 hours
    First Race?: Nope
    Post Race Reward: medal
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Upcoming Race: The Stampede Road Race
    Date: July 7th, 2013 @ 8:00 am
    Duration: 10km
    Goal Time: 1 hour
    First Race: Nope! Done a number over the last couple years.
    Post Race Reward: Pancakes! There will be a Stampede Breakfast following the race haha.

I have a few other races already registered for this year and also two so far for next year :)
  • shocktastic
    shocktastic Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Go Team Drunken Clowns!!!

Upcoming Race: Run or Dye
    Date: September 14th
    Trail or Road: Race Track
    Goal Time: Don't have one..LOL
    First Race?: 2nd
    Post Race Reward: Bloody Mary's
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Upcoming Race: Women's Half
    Date: 11/3
    Duration: 13.1
    Goal Time: Aiming for around or under 2:30
    First Race?: First half, one of many races.
    Post Race Reward: Haven't really thought about it. I am more worried about training/finishing!
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Upcoming Race: Spartan Sprint
    Goal Time: about 45 minutes
    Post Race Reward: Beer and a medal

Upcoming Race: Philly Rock and Roll Half
    Date: September 15th
    Duration: 13.1 miles
    Goal Time: under 2.5 hours
    First Race?: Nope
    Post Race Reward: medal

My husband and I did Philly last year. We loved the course in spite of the short hill at the finish. The course is pretty flat and fast - both my husband and I PRd. We also enjoyed the city. It was our first time there and there is a lot to see. And of course we enjoyed authentic (with Cheese Whiz) Philly Cheesesteaks as a post race meal. Good luck to you!
  • Glasspack
    Glasspack Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did Philly last year. We loved the course in spite of the short hill at the finish. The course is pretty flat and fast - both my husband and I PRd. We also enjoyed the city. It was our first time there and there is a lot to see. And of course we enjoyed authentic (with Cheese Whiz) Philly Cheesesteaks as a post race meal. Good luck to you!
    [/quote]

Thanks, I work in Philly and finally decide to do a half. Luckily I know a handful of folks who are also running in the race so there will be a party afterwards. I did Broad Street (10 miler) last year so I figured I should beb able to stumble along for another 5k.
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Upcoming Race: Boilermaker
    Date: July 14th
    Duration: 15 K
    Trail or Road: road
    Goal Time: Under 1:30 - however with 14,000 people running a new PR might be tough.
    First Race?: Nope! 2nd boilermaker, have finished 2 half marathons and many 5ks.
    Post Race Reward: ?? Probably a half moon cookie!

Nice. I keep meaning to sign up for that one. Next year...

It's my second one. It is definitely lots of fun. I couldn't believe how fast it filled up this year. Keep an eye on it for next year.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Upcoming Race: BAA Half Marathon
    Date: October something, Sunday of Columbus day week
    Goal Time: Under 32 hours
    First Race?: Nope! Not even my first half marathon
    Post Race Reward: I get 2 medals, one for the race and one for the distance medley, then I plan to go out for muscles and beer.

I should probably find another race before that.