Water Retention, help?

Options
I've been doing weekly weigh-ins, and when I got on the scale today, it showed a 4 pound increase from last week. I know it's water retention in my muscles, since I did heavy lifting on Saturday and ran 4-5 miles on Sunday. I thought taking a rest day yesterday would help, but it apparently didn't. I'm just wondering what I can do (besides drinking lots of water) to make it go away? It's really discouraging, especially when I have a set amount of weight I want to lose before school begins, and it makes me feel like I'm going backwards.

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Keep exercising.. If your sore or feel your workout the following day.. you will see an increase in the scale.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Keep exercising.. If your sore or feel your workout the following day.. you will see an increase in the scale.

Maybe we can make it a thing where we just keep quoting the first good answer in a thread?
  • matthej28
    matthej28 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    But when is it going to go away? I want an accurate reading of how much I weigh on the scale
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    If you really get stuck with water weight you can drop your carb and sodium intake for a bit while continuing to do the exercise. That may give you a whoosh in a few days. Or you could just wait it out and let it happen naturally.

Edit: OR it's not really water weight and you're retaining muscle weight.

Edit 2: Or something else. We can't really tell. You're diary is closed. Open it up please?