What's your favorite summer treat?

Options
mrsjoyw
mrsjoyw Posts: 80 Member
With the farmers markets beginning to sell their GREAT fruits and veggies it made me think...if I could only enjoy one of two of my favorite summer treats, which would I choose. So between roasted corn on the cob or ice cream I STILL dont know which one I'd choose! Although I'm seriously leaning towards corn on the cob. Straight. No butter or salt just...help me Lord...pure roasted corn on the cob. It's my summer time obsession. What's yours?

Replies

• explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm with you when it comes to corn on the cob, but what I do is take 1/4 of a lime, squeeze it over the corn, and then put chili powder over it. It's SO GOOD. If you like spicy/mexican food, it's the way to go.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I just recently discovered frozen bananas. I have a bunch in the freezer right now chopped up into bite sized pieces. The kids love it too. So easy and healthy for them.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Banana avocado smoothies
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Ice cold watermelon OR thick juicy tomato slices with bacon, lettuce, toast and a schmear of mayo.
  • droppinlbslikeangels
    Options
    Watermelon and Edy's strawberry fruit bars :heart:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    home made strawberry daiquiris and pina coladas.
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say the fruits... from dark, sweet cherries to peaches, to a nice juicy melon.... man - good stuff!!!!
  • willnevergiveup
    willnevergiveup Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Corn on the cob. Tomatoes.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Why would you have to choose between corn and ice cream? Both! Next to some meat for protein.

Anyway, mine is berries. Fresh, frozen, in smoothies, in greek yogurt, in heavy cream, on top of angel food cake, you name it... Great nutritional power houses too.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes. I could eat them by the bushel basket.
  • ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Funny you should post this as I was thinking about this earlier today. Right now is strawberry season in Southern Ontario so I'm all over those!!! Just washing and eating. Loving the fresh veggies (zucchini, onions, peppers etc.) on the grill and looking forward to corn season. Love the posting above about squeezing lime and sprinkling chili powder. SOLD!

Now that I think about it, I guess I can't really use backyard barbecue season as an excuse not to lose weight, but should view it more as a great aid with the increased veggie intake.
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    I'm with you on the corn. But also ripe juicy strawberries. Have mercy!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I'm with you when it comes to corn on the cob, but what I do is take 1/4 of a lime, squeeze it over the corn, and then put chili powder over it. It's SO GOOD. If you like spicy/mexican food, it's the way to go.

I put a bit of butter, garlic, and smoky chipotle seasoning. YUM! I used to like chile powder, but this is a step up!
  • EmilyMcD84
    EmilyMcD84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    As someone that can't eat regular ice cream (and was totally bummed about it) I just discovered Clemmy's lactose free, sugar free, gluten free ice cream. I am in love!!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    my weaknesses are strawberries (they give me mouthgasms), watermelon, and fresh ripe tomatoes sliced with a bit of salt and pepper or maybe made into a tomato sandwich.
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    Roasted corn...with Old Bay sprinkled on it! :D Or watermelon...or sweet cherries. All three are amazing.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    On the super healthy side, I would have to say peaches.

BUT, there's a great vendor at a couple of our local farmer's market's that sells homemade, fresh (still warm) flour tortillas. Yep. I went there...
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything that grows locally, which right now is mainly strawberries. I'm looking forward to raspberries and corn too.

But as far as "treats" go, I'd have to say frozen yogurt from one of those little self serve shops, or an ice cream cone from one of those little ice cream places. So yummy. Haven't had either one for a quite a while though. :tongue:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    A peanut butter milkshake from Dairy Queen. I hardly ever get them, but they are the favorite that came to mind.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Playing hookie and going to the beach!