Trying to keep it together today...

Options
Kath712
Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
Not really looking for any answers, but I feel the need to get this out of my head. However, support and encouragement would certainly be appreciated!

I have a biopsy scheduled today. It's for a small (very small, according to the surgeon) mass in my breast. She expects it to be a lymph node that will disappear with the biopsy. At any rate, I'm feeling apprehensive because of all the "what ifs" running through my head. I'm hoping it will turn out to be nothing, trying to stay positive.

But what's also stressing me out is when I will eat my lunch! :-) The biopsy is scheduled for 12:00, and I have to be there at 11:30, right in the middle of my normal lunch time. I had a nice egg sandwich for breakfast, and I packed a lunch and snacks. But I'm trying to avoid overeating in advance, as well as I don't want to be starving during the procedure! I have fruit, nuts, etc. that I can have in the car afterwards, too. The timing is just terrible!

Maybe if I focus on what/when I will eat, I won't be so stressed about the biopsy. I'm also planning to go get a manicure afterward, so I'm trying to focus on that. I've got a nervous stomach, so I'm not sure if I even want to eat this morning.

Anyway, like I said, I just needed to get that out there. Any ideas/suggestions are welcome. :-)

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! I am sure everything will be just fine! Saying a prayer for you!
  • Lparault
    Lparault Posts: 100
    Options
    Take a deep breath and RELAX!! Grab some crackers or plain baked chips to settle your stomach and snack on them on the way over. I'm sure you'll be okay. Good luck!! I'll say a prayer for you.
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    sending lots and lots and lots of positive thoughts your way!!!! good luck!!!! :)
  • shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    Good luck today... my mom gets a lot of lumps (she's had 4 biopsies in the last 20 yrs or so) and they always seem to be calcium deposits... I had 3 lumps about 5 years ago, and they were cysts that flkare uyp from too much caffeine (can't remember the name of them now)... I know it's hard NOT to worry, but try not to... the doctor seems pretty confident, so you should be, too!!

Hang in there, and have fun treating yourself to your manicure!! Maybe throw in a pedicure, too... they are AWESOME!!!

Hope everything turns out OK!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Don't stress out!

My midwife found a lump on my left breast - turns out it's non cancerous and very common. I was numbed up pretty good before they stick the needle in me - yes it's a long needle. I was able to watch on the screen what the Dr was doing. You will be very sore the next day though.

When I had to get it done I was 5 months pregnant and my husband had just deployed. The nurse gave me a nice foot rub while the Dr was doing his thing lol

I still have the lump in me(it's been 4 yrs now)...It gets bigger whenever I'm pregnant and shrinks a little afterwards. I joke with my husband saying well I no longer need to buy pregnant test, I just need to feel my lump =) lol
  • MickeyLeigh
    Options
    Breathe....everything will be fine. And everything will work itself out. Don't stress over eating everything will come together like it should.

Sending my thoughts your way!!
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    You are in my prayers! Focus on that manicure!!! That will be a nice stress reliever. :) As for the food....it's great that you're taking healthy snacks! You are so good!! :)
  • Kath712
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Your prayers and reassurance mean a lot!! :flowerforyou:

I survived. I was in and out in 1/2 hour. Not the most fun thing to do, but glad it is over. I go back on Thursday for follow-up, so I guess I will hear the results then. Now I just have to refrain from vigorous activity (but yet wear a sports bra) for 3 days.

And yes, I went for the manicure for some good "chill" time afterward. :bigsmile:
  • BRITBRITNOLA
    BRITBRITNOLA Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It is probably nothing. I had a biopsy back in the day lol and it was just fibrous tissue. Very common in women. If you are lucky you will end up with a star shaped scar on your boob like mine lol. :tongue: You'll be fine and I will say a prayer for ya! :flowerforyou:
  • Kath712
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I just wanted to share my good news with you... BENIGN!! What a beautiful word! :bigsmile: I'll go back for a 3-month follow-up appointment to monitor it. But I will take Benign, Negative, all those nice words, for now.

I have been taking it easy these past few days - no vigorous exercise as the doctor prescribed. I really miss my workouts, and it's hard to adjust my eating to these days without burning calories. I hope to be back on schedule soon, burning calories like I had been. I've been trying not to overeat. It took a couple of days to retrain my brain to not eat so much, since without the workouts, I truly wasn't hungry. Pretty cool how my body knows best!

Anyway, thanks again for your prayers and reassurance that everything would be o.k. You were right!! :flowerforyou:
  • lauralynette
    Options
    so glad to hear everything is ok!
    one of my favortie low cal dinners is turkey chili, filling high in fiber and still a confert meal http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Waistline-Friendly-Turkey-Chili/Detail.aspx
    can you do yoga and walking?