Stuck!

Options
I am trying not to get frustrated but I seem to be stuck at 249! I just can't seem to fall below that number. It's been almost 2 weeks and no change, I am eating right and exercising religiously, so I am not sure what is going on. But I refuse to give up !

Replies

• CrazyCatLadee2
    CrazyCatLadee2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just went through this for the past 4 weeks myself and finally yesterday the scale moved. I have read from others that they tend to shake things up when it comes to their calories and exercising. Like they will eat a lil bit more in calories than they are supposed to for a day and go back to what they are supposed to be getting. Stressing out about the scale/weight does not help either. I know that was some of my own issue. Try shaking it up and see if that helps.Are you eating the right amount of calories or are you falling under what you need? Do you eat your exercise calories?

You will overcome your plateau - do not give up!!!

Mandy
  • Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Options
    You're doing better than I am then because I've been at the same weight for 2 weeks and I'm frustrated. Doing the right thing but not getting any results...which makes me want to eat a big bag of peanut M-n-M's right now. Not gonna do it, but I really want to!! Your determination inspires me. . .gonna try and let go of the frustration!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I just peeked at your diary and I would venture to guess that you are not eating enough, you should eat as close to the allotment that MFP gives you as you can (within a hundred over or under). If you are set up for a 2 pound per week loss MFP puts you in a 1000 calorie per day deficit and many days you still have a few hundred calories under the goal which increases your deficit to around 1500/day, which many suggest is too big. Try eating back most or all of your exercise calories for a few weeks and see how it goes.
  • klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have been so disappointed that the scale is not moving at all. I actually gained a pound and didn't know why. I am eating a lot better than I had been and exercising everyday. I took my measurements and lost an inch in my neck and waist. This was great news for about a day, but I want to see the number falling on the scale.

Don't give up! Keep at it and I'm sure the numbers will start moving soon. Maybe you are gaining muscle and therefore not losing. That's what I keep hoping my problem is.

Good luck!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    My biggest concern is your sodium, you are over everyday on your sodium. The most sodium you should take in daily is 2500, however try to stay closer to 1500. Too much sodium causes you to retain water and weight. Especially if you are not drinking enough water. You need to bring down your sodium intake.
  • JosephTucker
    Options
    a good cheat day always helped me. I just think your body needs a knock in the butt, then go right back eating healthy the next day. I just knows what works for me.
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    a good cheat day always helped me. I just think your body needs a knock in the butt, then go right back eating healthy the next day. I just knows what works for me.

I second that!!! A good cheat day can do wonders for the mind AND the body, as it always seems to kick my metabolism back in.
  • Mahooka
    Mahooka Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Processed meats (bacon, ham, sausage, etc.) are killers to a diet regardless of their fat content. The salt alone will really screw everything up. Also, stay away from high fructose corn syrup (found in all kinds of packaged foods), it's more damaging than straight up sugar. Try Stevia or agave nectar as a sweetener, if you need one. I was stuck for weeks, doing these things plus not eating after 7:00 PM and I started to shed the weight again. Keep working - sometimes you just need a small change to make a big difference.