Can I eat another cookie or two?

Options
I worked out today earning myself an extra 500calories. I couldn't resist having two cookies worth 100 cal each. If I decided to eat another few cookies totalling 500calories would my weightloss effort be compromised? I will still be under my goal for the day. I'm so good when the food isn't around but when their is a pack of 24 delicious cookies sitting on the bench it's hard to say no! My daughter has a friend over who bought them with her! Can't resist the temptation!, helps!

Replies

• PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Eat the cookies!!

Just stay within your calorie goal.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    you can if you want to, but you could also eat something with leass sugar and still eat soemthing good :) IF u really are craving the cookies eat 2 more and be done compromise!
  • lcransaw
    lcransaw Posts: 95
    Options
    step away from the cookies
  • hide_yo_cats
    hide_yo_cats Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can has 3 more cookies. Yaaay!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    As long as you hit goal and don't go over it then you'll still lose so it's fine.
  • kaseyrose87
    kaseyrose87 Posts: 125
    Options
    Yay! And after waiting for responses the craving is starting to subside! I just won't look at those damn cookies but should the need arise I may have a few more! Damn you cookies!!
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    Options
    whatthehell_zps22335490.png
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    step away from the cookies

Eat the cookies.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Eat those suckers. Regret nothing. Omnomnom.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    33033176.jpg
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I am the same way and I do it if you want. I try to talk myself out of it because I tell myself I wouldn't remember how good it was tomorrow. But this is normally the wording I use because if not I would be eating bad stuff a lot. So I say do it if you want to treat yourself :)
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Just to be different I am going to go against the grain. I have a contrary nature that's why really no other reason. No wait there is one other reason. I don't think spending the calories on cookies is a bad thing. As a matter of fact today I had 450 calories of potato chips which might be even worse. But the thing is you mentioned you can't resist the cookies and it might do you some good to practice resisting things like that even if you have calories to spare, cuz lets face it someday you might not and you won't have the practice saying no. I would say make something else to eat if you are really hungry, because I don't believe in going hungry when you have calories to spare. No I don't think eating the cookies will hinder you from losing weight. A calorie is a calorie as far as the scale cares. But, I think you will feel better in the long run if you limit treats like that at first. It took me several month's to feel comfortable having treats (not saying it wil take you that long or that it should take that long) it's just something I had to go through. Otherwise that bag of chips I had to day would have had me spinning out of control and I would be looking for another right now.
  • kaseyrose87
    kaseyrose87 Posts: 125
    Options
    Cookie Monster and I think the same!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If it's within your calorie goals for the day or even the week....go for it! I had me 6 mini eclairs yesterday and still had some cals to spare...which I pretty much used for today for my Haagen Daas Gelato fix.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    you should eat 300 cals of cabbage soup

notsrs
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    don't cheat yourself treat yourself :)
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Say no... Short term satisfaction or long term satisfaction? You've had two, lucky you! But don't over do it. You'll feel better for saying no and being strong. :smile:
  • Feebletooth
    Options
    That is HYSTERICAL! Cute pic of Cookie Monster.
  • Shirls2012
    Shirls2012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Maybe it doesn't work this way for you, but when I get a hit of sugar like that it seems to set up a craving for more. Then it takes a week of nothing sweet to get rid of the craving.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    Options
    Maybe it doesn't work this way for you, but when I get a hit of sugar like that it seems to set up a craving for more. Then it takes a week of nothing sweet to get rid of the craving.

Are you injecting it?