• eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    150 ounces per day
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    About a dead baby"s worth of water.
  • jodixee
    jodixee Posts: 1 Member
    I'm aiming for at least 2 litres per day, ideally 3 as I'm currently in very hot climate. I lose track of how much I've had when I try to fill up glasses form my 5 litre bottle so I'm now aiming to fill up and finish drinking from my 1.5 litre bottle twice per day.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    64oz is my minimum a day, (usually more), but that is not counting my tea, coffee, milk etc...
  • sljenkins
    sljenkins Posts: 76
    I drink anywhere from 130-140 ounces a day. Chris Powell from Extreme Weight Loss Edition says to drink 1/2 your body weight in water a day.

In ounces?

Yes, in ounces.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    You only need to drink water when thirsty. Forcing yourself to drink more than you need will overload and potentially damage your kidneys over time.

How much water you need per day depends on so many factors: what else you're drinking, what your eating (foods may have more or less moisture), salt or sugar intake, humidity, weather, how much you sweat... etc. Each person will need a different amount of water every day

The only reason you are told to drink a certain amount of water is because you end up replacing sugary high-calorie drinks with water, and it fills you up.

When your body needs water, you feel thirsty. There is no actual health reason to drink more than that. It's one of those things that started off as a diet tip and now became a health "myth".
  • sljenkins
    sljenkins Posts: 76
    I cut out sodas and tea at the beginning of the year, so water is all I drink. I don't mind drinking 130-140 ounces because I am not forcing myself to drink it most days. I sit at a desk all day and drink water while I am working and it helps to keep me from making poor snacking choices.
  • IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    About a litre a day. That keeps my pee nice and dilute and doesn't cause any ill effects (if I drink a lot with meals I digest poorly).
  • tanyadolan1
    tanyadolan1 Posts: 55 Member
    I try to drink 8 glasses a day but sometimes don't succeed
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    I drink when I'm thirsty. I don't keep count, because the actual amount varies depending on need, and trying to hit an arbitrary number is silly and pointless.

Trying to drink a gallon a day is seriously overkill, pointless, silly, and useless. Unless you do construction work outdoors in a rain forest or desert every day.
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    I drink at least 9-10 cups of water a day.
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Been drinking 9 cups a day for a month now. The constant peeing is improving, if ever so slowly. But my cellulite is def getting better, and I hardly bloat during my period.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    I make sure I have water available everywhere I am.
    I drink 1l in the office, 1l at home, 1-2l in gym & I have a 0,5l bottle in my car which I try to empty each day.
  • SmartDataGirl
    SmartDataGirl Posts: 10 Member
    heck I drink around 8-9 cups of water everyday just to stay hydrated :D
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    I consume water every day through the food I eat, the tea and coffee I drink. I do not drink loads extra. Am still to be convinced of the benefits. Flushing all the goodness out of my body constantly seems strange, and dont tell me I am dehydrated - my lovely champagne coloured wee tells me different, and I only go a few times a day not every hour like some of you seem to.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Over 3 litres a day!!!!!!!!!!
  • jaishar1985
    jaishar1985 Posts: 32 Member
    2 LITRES
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    13-16 cups here
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    a gallon is my daily goal
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    60-80 ounces M-F while at work. I slack bad on weekends and hardly drink any, I HAVE TO get better at this!